Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #15

Originally Posted by Mrchips View Post
We have tried about everything we could find and still had mice. We put out dryer sheets as suggested and they built their nests out of them. We cut up bars of Irish Spring soap as suggested and believe it or not they ate the soap. We put out mothballs in all of the bays, still had mice inside. we even did all of this at the same time, still had mice. We had the coach empty of all food and had anything they could tear up in cabinets that could not be entered. THEN we were told about the Black and Decker Ultrasonic boxes, we bought two at $45 each. we keep one plugged in inside and one plugged in underneath. In two years of the coach parked in the same place as before we have had no mice, none in the interior and none in the bays. Now I amy walk ouside today and there may be a mouse party going on, but nothing at all last year and so far nothing at all this year.
I am curious this year however how they will work as this year I am keeping the heat on in the coach set to 55 inside and 45 in the bays, so it will be warmer inside. Never before left the heat on, so we shall see.
We have been very successful with Irish Spring soap however we leave the bars intact and place them strategically inside the coach and in some of the component compartments.

Brian and Kim VanBuskirk
2008 Damon Tuscany 40 DP
Tow: 20" Trailer with Classic C3 Corvettes
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
I use Mouse Free, non toxic repellant keeps them away also crawling insects ants and coats my frame and wiring from rusting! Win win!

CAT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
We find Fresh Cab does the trick - works well, keeps them out and doesn't hurt anything!
X2 on that.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
In my prior s&b home, I had a mouse infestation. I identified their ' game trails' and set out bait. Then waited at night with a pellet pistol. "Small game hunting". ;-)
At the end, the tally was -
.22 air pistol: 8 mice.
Mouse Pruf II poison : 7 mice.
Size 15 boot: one very stupid mouse.
The invasion ended once I nailed "Big Momma".
Dodge 2005 Grand Caravan - minicamper at times.
Ford 1988 E150 Action Conversion Van - camper conversion in progress.
Kawasaki 2005 KLR-650 - excursion vehicle.
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #19
Mouse Blocker

Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
We have been using the mouse blocker for over a year now with great luck, found out about it from our John Deere dealer for help with our tractor and decided to give it a try.
Ridgeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
I use an electric heater to help with humidity. So, I set 4 or 5 mouse traps and check them weekly. I am going to check out that mouse stuff in a previuos post.

dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote