Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tom my front axel has the 8500 option. "007"

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #16

Sorry to butt in. Newbe here. I have had several tire dealers tell me several different tire pressures. Im sure that someone on this great forum can set it straight.
I have a 2001 30' Winnebago Brave with Goodyear G670 24570R19.5 (F) tires with a PSI max load listed on tire of 85psi. The Manufactor's front axle max load (GAWR) is 7,000lbs. rear axle is 11,000lbs. making the max load (GVWR) 18,000lbs. Weighting the fully loaded coach the front axle is 5550lbs. and rear axle is 10,900lbs. Look's like I am under the max load. The coach manufacter tag reads cold tire pressure of 70psi.on all tires. My question is, what psi should I be running at.

Thank you in advance.

Ken

Old 09-14-2005, 10:11 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Ken, first let me welcome you to our website and that we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I would recommend that you weight each corner individualy and the use the mfg tire pressure chart to set the tire psi to match or if you have room on the wheel psi rating to go up 5-10 psi. Make sure you are the same seting on the same axle. Remember that for every mph over 65 you need to derate the tires weight carrying capacity 50 lbs. Good luck and enjoy!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 AM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Hi all I know that this is going to be a stupid question but where do you find the MFG Tire pressure chart ? Are you talking about the mfg of the tire or of the RV I have a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer that I am the second owner of record the unit left Winnebago with the GoodYear G670 RV tires but the First owner put on Brigdestons they are 245/70R 19.5 R250 F any comments on these I would have like the GoodYears as I feel IMHO that they are a better tire but with prices as they are I have to live with these as wife will not let me spend any money on unit right now she is still in shock at cost of unit and have to give her time to adjust did get her to ok a tire monitor for 500.00 after we see how much the fix will be for a bolwer motor question we are having looked at this weakend fan starts and stops right away after heater reaches temp set but I think that after temp is reached the fan should run for a short time after to cool unit hope I am right and it is just a switch that need repair.

Mark
Old 09-16-2005, 02:43 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Mark,

I'm the only one who askes stupid questions . Actually, this stuff even confuses some tire guys....unfortunately

Go to this web site below. Second chart down and look for 245/70R19.5 R250 ONLY. Check the last 3 or 4 digits on the dot. If you have 4 digits the first 2 are the week the tire was built, and the last 2 are the year, i.e. 2202 is the 22nd week of 02. If you have only 3 digits at the end of the dot, i.e. 309 the tire was built 30th week of 1999. If your tires are 5-6 years or older you probably should replace them. R250 is a fine tire. If the coach is new to you, have an expert look at your tires.

http://www.trucktires.com/us_eng/tec...fl/table05.asp
Old 09-16-2005, 02:46 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Mark,

Oops, you have load range "F". On the chart look for the "F". Max load is 4080lbs at 95 psi single, dual is 3860 at 95psi

Hope the chart helped.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:58 AM   #21

i also had a blowout 2 weeks ago with the michelin. I was a 235/80/22.5 , rear right inner. I called Michelin - no help. I am going to go Goodyear now. What size can i go up to ? Coach is a 2002 Dolphin, 36'
Old 07-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #22
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by repoman:
What size can i go up to ? Coach is a 2002 Dolphin, 36' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Since you have a 2002 coach it is entirely likely that you have 2001 tires. Please check your DOT date code 4 digits where the first 2 are the month and the 2nd 2 characters are the year. If the last 2 digits are 01 then you do have 2001 tires. From then till now could be almost 6 years and you might want to consider that your tires actually have expired.

I am planning on replacing my tires with Michelin tires in August of 2007 if not sooner. 5 years on RV tires is enough. My date code is "3802".

Goodyear does not make an exact replacemnt and although the diameter of the tire is a little different owners have been able to migrate over to Goodyear. I don't know how that is going to effect the spedo if any.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">posted by Driver:
Please check your DOT date code 4 digits where the first 2 are the month and the 2nd 2 characters are the year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to correct an "Administrator". I might never get to post again . The last four digits of the DOT code indicate the "week" and year.

I.E. 3205, this tire was built on the 32nd week of 2005.

If the DOT code has only 3 numbers at the end, then the tires are 1999 vintage or 1989 ect. Get rid of them and install new ones.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
You didn't mention how long the tires have set during storage. Being the tires are at least 5 years old and if they've been unused for long periods of time it doesn't surprise me they blew. Although it's good you keep them on something other then dirt a tire also needs to flex. The rubber is designed to lubricate itself during normal use (i.e. flexing during driving).
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:43 PM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tire mfgrs say ozone with non-use is the chief culprit, because the tire cannot flex and release the protective chemicals in the rubber </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I second this.

94 Wanderlodge
Rob R is offline   Reply With Quote