Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #15
I agree with Beabop. Even when they work, they are a lot of work to raise and lower. I have enough things that make my neck and back hurt, raising the blinds shouldn't be one of them.

We had to adjust the knobs all the time, only to have them fall down again the next day. And when you finally get the knobs tight enough to hold the blinds up, the string breaks, and, I don't think sitting and rethreading them with fishing line is something I want to "tackle" ... even with the excellent instructions found on this forum. That might keep the strings from breaking, but I would still have to climb over the sofa or dinette to adjust them.

Those blinds irritated me for almost 3 years. Now, I just LOVE my new mini-blinds. They were easy to install and are super easy to use. Keeps me happy....

Click on the link to see our new Snowbird Home....

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #16
We have those "accordian" type day/night shades and we have had four break already (our 5er is a 2005 model). I re-strung one myself. It's quite a pain in the neck, and I wouldn't recommend starting the job without a nice glass of wine (or even a bottle) by your side. However, it can be done.

The one thing that I didn't like was that the long, bottom metal part (the handle I guess) would rattle against the window frames. I took those little, round, self-adhesive things that you can put under a chair leg to stop scratching, put them on the back corners or the blinds, and this stopped the rattling. It's a quick, cheap fix for someone with the same problem.

GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax
Mooky Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, our trialer is now 11 years old and has been used often. We have both miniblinds and day night shades...none have broken to date.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we have had four break already (our 5er is a 2005 model). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Several owners who have re-strung their own have found sharp edges where the strings pass through the metal pieces. Filing those off when re-stringing ended their breaking string problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The one thing that I didn't like was that the long, bottom metal part (the handle I guess) would rattle against the window frames. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Our's came with small felt bumpers on the metal pieces where they contact the window frames.
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:37 AM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Our's came with small felt bumpers on the metal pieces where they contact the window frames. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All Winnebago's come with these felt pads. Even had them on my 94 Vectra.

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote