Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
Monaco Part Trouble

We have taken an extended vacation and were headed to Nova Scotia when in the Boston Area we had radiator service problem. We contacted a Cummins dealer and brought it to them. At first since it was the radiator and not the Cummins engine they really didn't want to do anything. After a long conversation with them I finally got them to repair it. They called Monaco, I called Monaco and to no avail. They never bothered to call us back. I finally had to get ahold to a Dealer back in Baton Rouge where we live and he finally got them. He found out that the 2002 model was an only year they produced it and it was not made any more and if I wanted one I would have to wait 4 weeks. After much frustration and discussion we finally found a radiator shop that said they could probably fix it. It was removed and taken to their shop for repairs. Thank goodness they were able to fix it.
So if any of you out there has a problem Monaco is not there for you. I know that they went bankrupt and Navistar bought them out but there is no one there that wants to help you or return your call. I hope this help any of you that God forbid has a problem with a Monaco product.

2013 Holiday Rambler 43 DFT-405 HP MaxxForce International-Dodge 1500 pickup w/US Gear Tow Brake
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
They are back up and trying to function now. I just ordered some parts today for our 2001 Ambassador. They seem to be starting back up as best they can, their restart will not be instantaneous. Lets hope that their restart is successful however.

We also had a radiator problem early on, had it replaced with an aftermarket radiator, had no problems since.

Good luck and have great day Happy trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400, Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W)
Jobert is offline   Reply With Quote