Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
We put 10% of the purchase price of our rig into an account just for routine maintenance and repair (including batteries and tires) and add to it each month. Why not just put the money you would spend on the extended service (insurance) policy into a savings account and then add to each month $50 or so. Then, when you need service, you have the money, have no hoops to jump through, and if you find a worn part can fix it BEFORE it breaks. And we never have to worry about whether it was a non-covered part that failed first, therefore nothing is covered, etc.

Remember, by design these insurance companies must take in more money than they pay out.

Barb
Barb, we did basically the same thing. Started "stash the cash" program about 20 years ago, invested to grow it, and we never deny ourselves a claim!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by arveer View Post
You might want to look at:

www.wholesalewarranties.com
I second this suggestion, but I think it is wholesalewarranties.net
They are agents and will discuss and compare an assortment of plans.
I have Allegiance and purchased "consequential damage" in my policy covering items not usually covered if they were damaged by a warrantied part. I'm about to make a claim for my Norcold 1200 which just gave out. They handled my previous claim on my hydraulic jacks to my satisfaction.
Happy Trails

Old 07-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have xtraride and it has served me well. Just talking with repair folks, all of them have said they are the best to work with. So one thought I have not seen is roll that cost into the purchase then at the same time start the "repair savings account".
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
I have Allegiance and purchased "consequential damage" in my policy covering items not usually covered if they were damaged by a warrantied part. I'm about to make a claim for my Norcold 1200 which just gave out. They handled my previous claim on my hydraulic jacks to my satisfaction.
Happy Trails
Actually, we are both right...either URL takes you to wholesalewarranties.com:

www.wholesalewarranties.net
arveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by arveer View Post
You might want to look at:

I did,BBB has 2 complaints on file.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Barb, we did basically the same thing. Started "stash the cash" program about 20 years ago, invested to grow it, and we never deny ourselves a claim!
I know what you mean - we've even approved 'claims' for a replacement on something that was looking pretty worn and that could have gone out on say a mountain pass at 7,000 ft.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #21

Google the name of the company you are considering with the words "reviews" or "complaints" and see what you find. I elected not to purchase the "extended warranties" I was considering, every one I considered had very poor reviews. Maybe I missed the good one?
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #22

We purchased a Good Sam policy when we bought the coach. Cost about $4800 for 3 years which was rolled into the financing.
We just made our first claim. The fridge needed a new cooling unit. Good Sam approved without question. Bill was about $2500. Deductible was $100.
It's also currently in the Cummins shop for a bad alternator (I think). No word yet whether it IS the alternator or whether Good Sam will cover it.
As has been said before, I consider it peace of mind but am nervous whether the claim will be covered.
They are NOT warranties, they are insurance and as such they will find any excuse to deny a claim.
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #23

I have the same....but

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
Happy Trails
I have this same contract Allegiance Elite, were told by the guy who sold it to us that this level would cover almost (ha ha key word there) everything. Paid $4500.00 and have gotten back about 50% of our cost. Just this week we took it in for several repairs and they denied everything. My husband threw a total fit and the dealership paid all but the 3 deductibles on the repairs. So now we have gotten about 65% back. We feel lucky that we have gotten this much back and that the finance guy who sold it to us is now the head guy there. We told him that from now on we were coming to him personally and he better stand behind this contract he told us was like complete coverage. Two newbies who should have known better.

WhenIm64 is offline   Reply With Quote