Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Motorcycle Lifts and Carriers who has one ?

Motorcycle Lifts and Carriers who has one ? how do you like it ? how was it to install ? how easy to use ect saw one and really made me think this is what i need to carry my bike around
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Have been using the HydraLift for several years. Powerful, solid lift.
Home Page - Hydralift-USA
probably should be professionally installed.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club

As far as how easy to use, for my bike, the foot pedals on the right side have to be up as the lift mechanism gets in the way. Always loosen/take the rear-most tie downs off first. Don't ask my why I know this

Getting the bike on/off the lift is fairly easy and I do it alone. I have the optional chock so the bike is stable while I deal with the tie downs.

Mine was installed by a Hydralift dealer (Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL), when I bought the coach. Very solid install.

Like you, I saw a coach with one on it and said, wow, that's exactly what I need…
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Hmmm i have floor boards on mine and a crash bar going to have to check the distance now Carl what did they charge for the install bye the way ? and thanks for the pointers
Old 07-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have a crash bar too. It'll work, just the floor board/peg has to be in an upwards position to prevent having to lean towards the rear (which isn't what you want to do).

As the Hydralift was part of my deal, they didn't itemize it. The install is specific to each coach so it'll be dependent on where you go, if you go this route.

The other word of caution is weight. For non-tag coaches, this is critical. I got mine weighed recently and with full tanks (water/grey/black/fuel), bike on back, etc., I'm like 200 lbs. over. Since I wouldn't run with full grey/black tanks, once they were emptied I was like 600 lbs. under my GAWR on the rear. Again, this is coach specific and you need to be aware of this issue.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #6

We have 07 endeavor, was told we cannot put lift on Rv because chassis does not go all the way to rear. Had already bought the lift, which is now for sale
Chose the Rampage loader in back of pickup. This can also be converted to handle a trike. This is our 1st season traveling with it. We are VERY pleased. Push a button and it loads the cycle. Check into it and watch the videos.
Marlernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #7

First use this Blue Ox website and down load their page on how to figure the weight that you are adding to the coach, the rear axle and more. If you are within the safe working loads then figure out what might work. Lifts are nice, to flat load the bike, ramp loading is for smaller bikes, or bigger people than myself.

http://www.blueox.co...calculation.pdf

I have a Blue Ox Sport Lift for sale, that mounts on 3 2" recievers and lowers to the ground for safe loading, will lift 1000#, and flat tow 5000#. I enjoyed having a toad and the bike, but have sold the last bike and changed coaches. The lift goes next.

Ad is on Craigslist Dallas at this link: http://dallas.craigs...4554431189.html

Photos are found here:

http://sailwing.smugmug.com/Coach/li...0251&k=rz8HWCT
sailwing2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #8

Be wary of axle limits

I have a single axle Newmar and I carry a heavy Kawasaki Vulcan cruiser. The lift, Cruiser Lift, and motorcycle pushed my rear axle weight over the 20K limit. So now you are pushing the axle strength and the legal implications if there is an accident. I decided not to carry the cycle anymore , mostly because of the hassle factor and I am getting older, and it is always dirty riding back there. Otherwise, never any problems with the lift, or MH handling. I guess I could get a smaller , lighter bike to stay under the axle limit. Good luck!