Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Motorhome graphics

My 1998 Bounder motorhome graphics look faded and cracked. How do I make them look better. Remove them, paint over them or apply a product to restore them?

mike266083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Mike, this is just an idea and I don't know if it will work on yours or not, but, this was a common problem with the older Wanderlodge's. They had brown stripes. The most common solution was to use brown paste shoe polish on them.

Smyrna GA
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you remove them the finish underneath will be brighter than the surrounds, which are sun-faded after so many years. Painting or otherwise coloring them seems like the best bet. Or remove them and paint on a replacement design.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Tiffin Owners Club
Try that Aero 303. I'm quoting it by memory. I'm sure about the 303.
It's a non petroleum product and good for decals.

Tim fm CT
Tim fm CT in our Home Sweet Dome
05 Tiffin Allegro 32BA,13 Ford Fusion hybrid, 06 Ranger XLT with ramp gizmo,05 Superglide, 12 CedarCreek Silverback 29RE 5th whl, gotta get rid of something
tim fm ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club

I have just tried a product on my 1999 Monaco. It is called Doublehornproducts. The kit is called "RV Exterior Protection Kit" It won't fix cracked graphics but I think it will seal them up, and it does bring the color back out. It is a 3-4 step procedure. Also it says one kit will do a 30 ft. camper, but I'll tell you it will only do one side of a 38 ft. Monaco! I suppose it makes a difference on how large or small the graphics are. Right now I am waiting for the 2nd kit so I can do the other side. If your graphics are nearly gone and too thin it probably won't work for you. Best of luck!
John G.
John and Cherrie
2003 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40DST
Pushed By 2003 Ford Explorer
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Well, I guess we did it the hard way last week on our big beautiful 95 Bounder. We used 3M adhesive remover and a razor scraper and got all 3 decals off very cleanly. Need to keep the adhesive remover on topside of the decal...it does not penetrate the decal - it should be coming down from the top to soften the goo.Then, we went over the areas again with the 3M stuff till the areas were squeaky clean. Applying the new decals was a breeze,as long as you can get a straight line visually. The job turned out pert near perfect. Don't rush or use force. It takes a bit of time to soften the old adhesive.

nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote