Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #15
Originally Posted by RV Roamer [Gary] View Post
We have "agreed value" coverage on our 2004 from National Interstate (explorerrv.com). The "agreed value" is the price we paid for it when we bought it used.

we took the national insurance with purchase price agreement, only to learn when we got the policy, if you do not replace your rv if it is totaled, they will only give you what they determine to be the cash value at the time of the accident. have you had any claims with this company and are you satisfied with them.

faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #16
Monaco Owners Club
This is normal for many insurance policy's. The reasoning behind it is they don't want to give an incentive for totaling their RV.

If ours was a total loss, you can be sure I'd be purchasing another one.

krnlueck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:09 PM   #17
a k
Newmar Owners Club
What did you tell them you paid for it?
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #18
Triple E Owners Club
Can someone post a website for National Insurance? When I search for it, I get a couple of returns. Not sure which is the one folks are speaking of. Thanks!
PartyBoyWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by faye View Post
do any of you have motorhome insurance that will pay replacement cost of the rv in the event it is totaled in an accident??? if so with who and phone number would be appreciative. also if you have the replacement insurance, is it for rvs only for certain years old. we have purchased a 2004 class a. thanks for all the help.
PROGRESSIVE: I highly recommend Progressive; used it for two motorhomes. Here is a company that will give you a quote:
Hi Sage Marketing
650 Metcalf Street
Escondido, CA 92025

1-800-876-5581 They will be happy to give a quote over phone. Have your VIN infront of you when you call. That is the vehicle identification number which should be on your registration. Whatever deductable you select will reduce 25% each year you are insured. We always select $1000.00 and in four years it is reduced to $0 deductable.

Let me know how you come out. We just insured our 2008 Monaco Cayman XL 37' with 3900 miles on it for $964.00 which includes ZERO deductable on the large one piece windshield.

Jim Hathaway
Gold Canyon, AZ
jhatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by PartyBoyWA View Post
Can someone post a website for National Insurance? When I search for it, I get a couple of returns. Not sure which is the one folks are speaking of. Thanks!
National Interstate

However, I got a better deal on National Interstate through a broker, Farm & City.

Farm & City
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #21
Official iRV2 Sponsor
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
National Interstate, usually does not deal directly but on their site you will see all the companies that deal for them.
Avoid Progressive if possible, they are not all they are cracked up to be. I talk to them when I had Allstate and again when I got GMAC and they could not begin to cover me as well as either company could nor could they meet the same price and deductible as I was paying. A rver from Florida who said he was a Progressive Insurer told me he could beat any other price when I called him and told him what I pay for my coverage and the deductible, he himself said he was going to change his rv insurance. So be sure and check them all out first. National Interstate does give a great price and great coverage. GMAC beat them by only a few dollars a year. For the same coverage I have. I think the advantage I had was GMAC gave me a discount for being a Good Sam member and thats what beat the price.
Lee and Fran
Holiday Rambler Vacationer
While traveling down lives paths stop to smell the flowers.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
Gilbert RV Insurance. They write for several different company's.
The number is 1-888-784-6787.

What I like about them is they are very knowledgeable about RV insurance the the needs we have.
krnlueck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #23
Newmar Owners Club
Faye, we also have National Interstate with all the goodies and are very happy with them.
Also full timing is great and if you go to the full timing thread you will get a lot of good remarks.
2005 KSDP 3910-----2007 Jeep Liberty

read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
read & learn
that's a sweet tag line in your signature...think I might borrow that for my skype profile Thx!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #25
Alpine Owners Club
Be careful with Progressive Insurance!! I too signed up with Progessive in '05 when we bought our current M/H, through R/V America Insurance. Reason being of the replacement cost for the first 5 years and after 5 they'll give you the cost you payed ,if totaled.The first renewal and after it seems the premium went up each year by $100 -$125. This year I got another quote from R/V America which came in around $225 lower than my original renewal. Here's the catch if I took the lower rate that now changes the policy. This is their loop hole they don't tell you unless you ask. The policy now would change from replacement cost to actual value replacement cost. I would have to get the M/H appraised at todays market value, which would be considerably lower than what I payed in '05. Next year probably another increase,and I have no claims with them. Buyer be ware!
John & Greta
'05 36' FDDS
JWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #26
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Give these people a call. I have had my motorhome with them for almost 4 years, and yes I purchased it used.........and I decided the REPLACEMENT VALUE. Good Luck.
David G.

Gilbert RV Insurance
5780 S Semoran Blvd
Orlando Fl 32822
1-888-784-6787 c/o Cheryl C.
USAF 1959-1963/ JFK Innaguration parade 1961,
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 37Y, 460 ENGINE on FORD chassis, Power Platform with Tag Axle.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #27
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have complete motorhome insurance with replacement total loss coverage through GEICO.
Attached Images
Fleetwood Providence 2008 40e
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel 6.0L 2006
Honda CR-V 2006
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just got a quote from Geico and they offer it as an option for the first 5 model years.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote