Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Heck, I had a worse vandalism / theft problem that this in North Bend (Coos Bay) Oregon back in the early 80s. At the suggestion of a cop that the tow truck operator knew, I left my broken Landcruiser in the police impound lot for a week until I could get back to retrieve it.

When I returned the wheels were removed, back door window taken out and all the stereo system gone.

When I told the un-interested officer that took the call I figured it was probably some relative of his he just smiled and walked away. Got no help from the police department at all.

fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat View Post

When I told the un-interested officer that took the call I figured it was probably some relative of his he just smiled and walked away. Got no help from the police department at all.

Coincidence, conspiracy, or....cause-and-effect?

Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
When our towed got banged up, USAA went after Roadmaster with a vengence. Everything was fixed...I had zero deductable. (about $9,500.00 damage)

Let your insurance company do the work.

Kerry
Old 02-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Coincidence, conspiracy, or....cause-and-effect?
Coincidence - maybe

Conspiracy - probably not

Cause and effect - absolutely
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajd33 View Post
Ron,

I am very sorry to hear that happened. Reading that story made me very angry and a little sick to my stomach. I hope you get it all worked out. Oh the world we live in.
gajd33 - great avatar, where can I get a MH like that, talk about ruling the road ;-)
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #20

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Enterprise is not legally responsible for the damage to your car. Might they have done something after the fact to prevent further damage? Yes, but only as a courtesy, they are not obligated to.
I agree. Even if inside a fenced yard they still would not have any obligation to pay for any of the damage, but they should have covered the broken window with a bag and some tape.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Enterprise is not legally responsible for the damage to your car. Might they have done something after the fact to prevent further damage? Yes, but only as a courtesy, they are not obligated to.

If the carpets are just damp I'd not worry too much, but if they were soaked you may want them removed until they can completely dry. Not knowing what kind of car you have, some have a "computer" under one of the seats. If this gets wet (or any of the electronics, for that matter) you can experience intermittent problems forever, if not replaced.

Having handled a number of flood claims over my years with State Farm, it was generally accepted that if the water rose high enough to submerge the dashboard area we'd total the car. Obviously that is not the case here. It can be "repaired", but you should see if you can find someone experienced with flood damage, even though it was not a full fledged flood.

Good luck!
Pretty much what I am finding out that Enterprise is not responsible. Just wish they would have told me before the fact that they have had several problems with theft and vandallism in the recent past... would not have left the car there. When I told the lady that, she said we can't tell people that. Right. Went by the body shop that is working on the car this morning and was told that they were taking all carpets out and still trying to see if the seat would dry out OK. So far the bill is $531. and my deductible is $500. But expect the bill to increase. Ron
Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would write a letter to the Enterprise president and tell him your story. He is an ex Navy pilot and named his company after the most decorated carrier in WWll. Make sure you sign it with your ret signature.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
I would write a letter to the Enterprise president and tell him your story. He is an ex Navy pilot and named his company after the most decorated carrier in WWll. Make sure you sign it with your ret signature.
Is this the correct information?
Andrew C. Taylor Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Pamela M. Nicholson President and Chief Operating Officer

Do you happen to have an GOOD address? Thanks, Ron
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wikipedia says Jack is the founder and Andrew Taylor is the current Pres & CEO. Hqtr is in Clayton Missouri.

QUOTE...Enterprise Rent-A-Car was established in St. Louis, Missouri in 1957 by Jack C. Taylor. Originally known as "Executive Leasing Company", in 1962 Taylor renamed the company "Enterprise" after the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, which he served on during World War II. In 2009, Enterprise became a subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, Inc., following the company's 2007 acquisition of Vanguard Automotive Group, the parent company of National Car Rental and Alamo Rent a Car.[1] ....END QUOTE
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #25

Picked the car up from the body shop this afternoon, $500. lighter. They said they got it dryed out and did not need to replace the seat or carpet. All the electrical stuff in the seat seems to be working OK. Ron