Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2014, 06:40 AM   #1

Mystery Water in Storage Bins

have an ACE 30.1 and recently found water in 3 bins.. most disturbing was the water in the storage area just inside the door... water was clean and have been unable to recreate event... initial thoughts were from washing and possibly spraying water, but doesn't explain storage inside the main door...

thoughts?

tks
ssgwsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ssgwsmith,
Patience and persistence will solve this problem. The event will need to be recreated. Mother nature or human intervention will make the recreation possible. I do not know your RV. I can not make any specific recommendations as to where to look or what to try. After every water event, you'll need to check for the water. Once found, it may provide a clue where to check. Don't know if any plumbing lines could be the problem, but keep this possibility mind.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Check the water supply line where you hook up to outside water. There is a check valve in there that only allows water to go into the system not out. If that valve sticks (which mine did) it will allow the water in your holding tank to run out when you are driving. I replaced the check valve and no more problems. Additionally I bought a screw in plug that goes into the fill nozzle.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Do as TonyDi suggests. If you don't discover a fresh water leak, then you'll need towels and a hose. With compartment dried out. Close hatch and use a hose on a slow setting to allow water to run down side of coach over hatch. After a few minutes, turn off water and check for water in compartment. Look for wetness to top hatch seal. Do this for each compartment. I don't know how your hatch hinges are set up, some might allow adjustment, others don't.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
After washing and a good rinse I opened the MH door and there was a perfect circle of wet/ sopping carpet on the first step mine came in above the door while I was rinsing it, like too much. I have a storage Bin @ the second step but didn't look in too see if it was wet, but will next time. Is your gasket around the door there or lose or gone? Mine is almost gone, (32 years old) Time to replace it.
JS,Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:36 AM   #6

thanks for all the suggestions... once on this rain stops here in maryland I will give her a check...and then a wash and check the other suggestions... tks!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine don't leak with rain just when I wash her. My awing is just maybe a foot above the door so it blocks out alot of the rain. The Hose is a different ball all together.
We have had almost 3 inches of rain since Sunday and this is our second week with no sunshine
I still go out to her daily just to read or watch the tube or daydream.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
I had water going on the side carpet of the steps and also in the compartment doors. It was the caulking on the molding above the compartments. Recaulked and it stopped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-12_10-03-53_134.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	466.4 KB
ID:	61883   Click image for larger version

Name:	leak.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	61884  

Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:09 AM   #9

@Shellback1 That actually makes sense...will check that this weekend... that would be an easy fix..
Old 05-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #10

You could also check with a dealer or the manufacturer. You might get lucky and discover others have had this problem, and the cause and fix is known.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Mine don't leak with rain just when I wash her. My awing is just maybe a foot above the door so it blocks out alot of the rain. The Hose is a different ball all together.
We have had almost 3 inches of rain since Sunday and this is our second week with no sunshine
I still go out to her daily just to read or watch the tube or daydream.
Storage compartment Dry
Old 05-05-2014, 03:42 AM   #12

well after several days of rain and a good washing along with everyones suggestions I have been unable to recreate the issue. Not sure if that is good or bad....

Tags
storage, water