Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #1

Does any one have any experience with this outfit? We are about to buy an extended warranty from them.
David
Cayman Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #2

Does any one have any experience with this outfit? We are about to buy an extended warranty from them.
David
Cayman Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #3

We just used them for the 1st time couple of months ago. A little slow answering the phones,they seem to have their own time every job will take.I had to make a few calls to get paid.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #4

Certainly buy the warranty (actually an insurance policy) if it gives you peace of mind. BUT before you do, read any issue of Motorhome magazine to see the problems people have getting ALL the companies to honor their contracts. Also read the post below on Warranty Experts. Then decide if your "warranty" is actually worth the price you were given. If your are buying a new RV you may want to wait until the manufacturers warranties expire before investing in an extended warranty.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Cayman Dave;
I have used the company twice. First time, one of the HWH levelers failed and they covered it minus the deductible. I have a W-20 chassis, and in August had a major brake problem, resulting in rear brake failure, a burned and cracked rotor, damaged calipers and burned seals and slide pins. National Warrranty of Florida covered NOTHING, blaming me, my lack of use of the rig, Workhorse, and everyone else for the failure. Folks have positive and negative things to say about the company or any warranty company, but I say "buyer beware"!
Just my two cents.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #6

I just tried to get service covered using my "Supreme" policy from National of Florida. What a Joke!

My rear suspension Panrod adjuster came loose causing the rear sub-unit (wheels, axle and differential) on my 04 HR Neptune to shift sideways causing a suspension air-bag to rub against the tire causing a hole in the airbag. The Panrod shift may have been caused by the terrible condition of some of the roads I have driven on. With 26K miles on the rig, I don't think it was loose from the factory.

National of Florida has an exclusion for problems caused by "loose hardware or fastners". Since the panrod adjustment lock must have been loose to allow the panrod to self-adjust(wrong) my suspension problem is not covered. This is a $1K repair, and is my first attempt to use the warranty. I have had the coach for a little over 3 years and I really feel abused by National. For $3K I got a warranty that it seems to me like I will never get any benefit from.

If the failure had happened before July 07, my HR Roadmaster chassis warranty (3-year) may have covered it, but no joy there either.

I have a very low opinion of non-factory extended warranties at this point, and National Warranty of Florida in particular.

Jim Morton
jamorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
They will never be my extended warranty company again.

The first dealer that tries to sell me an extended warranty with this company, I walk.
SideRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #8

Last summer my dash A/C compressor went south. The repair shop (S&S in Gettysburg PA) call and they paid the shop directly for everything except replacing the belt that was splitting. That was the only time I have used them. One for one, not bad.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had them several years ago and used them on 2 occasions with very good results. I don't remember the amount they paid but, it was over $3500 on the two claims. They paid promptly.
Be sure you get everything authorized before work begins. Do not rely on shop to do that for you.
They paid the shops directly.
Would recommend them based upon my experiences.
Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote