Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like your rig cannot be towed by a truck, any tow truck would have done that, they all have the same design and have to use a wheel lift to keep from damaging the body. A 90 degree turn is any right or left turn. I hope you took pictures while it was hooked up, and make a note that you require a flatbed.

UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #16
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds to me like you have a case.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #17

Amazed

It is amazing how many replies I received that stated, why did it cost so much, that can't have happened, you can't be towed.....

I stated a case. We had to have our motor home towed. The shocks were NOT damaged in any way prior to our tow. We heard it when it happened, the rig was in a TIGHT turn to the right..almost like a U turn.

When we arrived at the Cummins shop the shocks WERE damaged. I don't think a little gremlin came along, with metal shearing equipment, while it was being towed down the road and damaged them!

We have a 40 foot American Tradition....it is perfectly towable by a knowledgable tow operator.

We gave Good Sam the name of two tow companies recommended by the Cummins dealer. Good Sam chose another company. We have damage to our rig as a result.

Through NO fault of our own we are on the hook for $821.00 in damages. My question is and was....what do we do now?
Old 03-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #18
dfm

As previously posted, Go to the site " rv.net" ,register and then go to the forum dealing with Good Sam service/issues.
Marcus Leminos , the president of the company will read the forum and have someone contact you directly for the details of your claim/issue.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Exclamation Did you do this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjyounger View Post
It is amazing how many replies I received that stated, why did it cost so much, that can't have happened, you can't be towed.....

I stated a case. We had to have our motor home towed. The shocks were NOT damaged in any way prior to our tow. We heard it when it happened, the rig was in a TIGHT turn to the right..almost like a U turn.

When we arrived at the Cummins shop the shocks WERE damaged. I don't think a little gremlin came along, with metal shearing equipment, while it was being towed down the road and damaged them!

We have a 40 foot American Tradition....it is perfectly towable by a knowledgable tow operator.

We gave Good Sam the name of two tow companies recommended by the Cummins dealer. Good Sam chose another company. We have damage to our rig as a result.

Through NO fault of our own we are on the hook for $821.00 in damages. My question is and was....what do we do now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfm View Post
As previously posted, Go to the site " rv.net" ,register and then go to the forum dealing with Good Sam service/issues.
Marcus Leminos , the president of the company will read the forum and have someone contact you directly for the details of your claim/issue.
Have you done this , please update us, they also have a "help line" to send that towing company a letter........from the one I have read, it works......unless they just post the postive results?
Old 03-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Your discussion sounds reasonable, it's not very likely you were driving the MH with sheared shocks, and the Cummins shop should certainly verify the damage. Good advice to contact Mr. Lemonis on the other RV board.
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: Marcus?

If your motorhome could not be towed, that should be have been the first point the tow driver made.
Keep us posted...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Sign In to your Good Sam Club Account

Go to good Sam's web page, login, type in "Action line" in search bar...........
Old 03-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Quote:

So have you made your complaint in rvnet?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
Wow! Welcome to IRV2- seems like everyone has the same suggestion....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #24

Motorhome magazine also has a complaint editor. Either them or Good Sam Highways magazines action line are a good resource. Much cheaper than a lawyer to start the process.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree about contacting Marcus first. If you don't get anywhere with him, you should talk to your motor home insurance company to see if you can put in a claim. I would explain to them what happened and let them know who the tow company is. Perhaps they will pay your bill and then go after the tow company...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #26

When one of my cars was new it had a problem with the I drive system the dealer sent a wrecker which scratch the bumper. Who do you think payed for the $1,000 bumbler cover the tow company.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #27

Update

I pleased to let you all know Good Sam stood behind their service. I received the refund check today for the damage to our coach.

Thank you all for your input.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I do not agree with the above posts! Good Sam "hired" this tow company, you did not, damage was done to your personal property during the tow process, Good Sam needs to step up to the plate, pay for the damage that occurred during the tow from them, and go after the towing company.You do damage to my personal property, you do not want to pay for the damage.....simple for me, my insurance company will pay for the repairs, and my part of this issue is over, happy me, not so good for you, you are going to get really close and personal with my insurance company..... Think outside of the "RV world" for one minute, if your auto broke down, you call a wrecker for a tow, damage is done during the tow, you are going to be satisfied that you have to pay for it? Think not.......
To the OP, go and join up here RV , and post you dilemma, or email Marcus directly...... marcusvip@goodsamfamily.com !
One more thought, if this towing company does not want to pay for the damages occurred during their tow, Good Sam (Marcus) needs to take them "off" their network of towing company's to use!
I do not believe your auto insurance will pay for damages to your vehicle being towed for a mechanical issue. Your auto policy will pay for Collision (which doesn't appear to be one), collides with another object or roll over. The other aspect of physical damage is Comprehensive, which is a fire, theft, vandalism, or hitting an animal. I do not believe Comprehensive will pay for damage by the tow company while towing the vehicle unless they hit the vehicle into something.

For the tow company (in this case may be a subcontractor to Good Sam) to be liable under their Liability policy, they must have been legally liable for the bodily injury or property damage. In order to be legally liable you will have to prove the tow company was liable (not knowing how the shocks where damaged?); you may have a difficult time collecting.

I would get the repair facility to provide you written estimate and diagnosis of what caused the damage to your shocks and that may assist you in your case against the tow company?

jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice