Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #15
zzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Oh come on...I know you've already had your coffee. LOL

okcnewbie already said he would if it's in his area.

Just post the question when you think you've found THE one:
Is there anyone here that lives in the XYZ area that would be willing to do a walk through with me on a XYZ coach I'm interested in buying. If so please PM me. Then work out the details with them privately.

That's it.
But...that's what I'm already doing. I've already found the one (and a backup), and this post is asking specifically about those geographic areas.

Given that the comment came in a thread that was already asking for help in a specific location, is it that strange of me to ask if there is some other action I am supposed to take to find people in a specific area?

Furthermore, everyone who registers for this site is required to provide their location. I thought perhaps there is a method for searching members based on their reported location.

I've looked through this several times, and I don't see how my questions are problematic, and I especially don't see why they require mocking.
zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StenosisWife View Post
I've looked through this several times, and I don't see how my questions are problematic, and I especially don't see why they require mocking.
They don't but every now and then someone means well and it doesn't come out in the thread.
You're looking at such new MH's I think you're going to have pretty good luck if you find one that you like.
Good luck!
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:21 AM   #17

Quote:
But...that's what I'm already doing.
No that's not what you're doing. Yes you mentioned the areas but then you said, —There are two units we're most interested in.

Be specific.

For example, if you were looking for someone to do a walk through for a diesel I wouldn't consider it because I don't know much about diesels.

That's why I posted my reply the way I did.
"Is there anyone here that lives in the XYZ area that would be willing to do a walk through with me on a XYZ coach I'm interested in buying. Maybe also mention a time frame like, "the first of next month or in the next 10 days". If so please PM me. Then work out the details with them privately."

I would start a new post and ask the question.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:20 AM   #18

Quote:
The basic questions are:

• Is it weird to hire a mechanic to inspect an RV that's very far away from me (so I don't make the full day drive unnecessarily)?
  • Can anyone here recommend specific mechanics in Houston and/or Dallas area (Alvarado)?
  • If no specific recommendations, how do I choose someone?
  • Should I expect the mechanic to go check it out on the lot, or do I arrange for him/her to take the RV back to their own shop?
  • Even more of a long shot: is there any kind of...club, or arrangement on this or other forums where experienced members go and view an RV for other members? Obviously this wouldn't take the place of an actual mechanic's inspection, but it would be really helpful to get an expert's opinion on the rest of the RV.

Some context:

Hi. I'm soon going to be a first time RV owner. Long story short is that my husband is disabled, I'm his full time caretaker, some generous donors are funding an RV purchase because that's really the only way we'll be able to get him to travel after years as a shut-in, and the RVs we're looking at are many, many hours away in Texas.

There are two units we're most interested in. One is in Houston, and one is just south of Dallas.

Obviously I'm planning to inspect the units in person. However, given the loooong drive, the cost of hiring someone to care for my husband and kids, etc., I want to have the RVs inspected by an independent mechanic before I drive down.

So, how to I pick a mechanic? Are there any specific recommendations from folks here? Will mechanics think this is a bizarre request? Should I ask them to inspect it at the dealership or take it back to their own shop?

Also, I feel like I've read about forum members going and doing a non-mechanical walkthrough of RVs on behalf of other members who are really far away, less experienced, etc. I can't find the exact reference now, so I don't know if it was this site, another one, a hallucination, etc. Still, if there's anyone who would be willing to do something like that, I would be forever indebted to them.

Thank you so much for any and all help!
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/kudos...as-340403.html
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas