Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to smittythebea
Need help in retracting the slide - dead in the water 2004 Gulfstream Friendship G7

Hello!
I have a 2004 Gulfstream Friendship G7. There is a slide with windows that will not retract. The motor moves the slide in about 2 inches, then makes a horrendous noise, and nothing happens. The motor is a LIFTCO 981003, serial number 308014. I found the 3/4" end that I am thinking is where I can manually retract the slide so that I can take the rig to get the motor repaired, but I do not want to tear up the motor. SO, we are dead in the water because the slide will not go in. What do I have to do to get this slide in? Thanks in advance.
smittythebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Find the motor and gearbox assembly. You will see there is a shaft that comes out of each end and drives gears. Determine if the gears are OK but that there are connecting bolts through the shafts that may have broken. Replace any broken bolts and retry operation. If you find that the gears are jumping up over the teeth on the rams, then you may have to get some help to cut flat washers to fit as shims to force the ram up tighter into the teeth of the gears. There is also a brake on the motor that if it has electrically failed must be manually taken off, but usually the motor will do nothing when is goes bad. You might get some extra help and have people push on the outside wall of the slideout while using the motor to bring it in and see if you can get it past the binding point. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also have a 2004 G7. Try having someone simply go outside and push on the slide, then hit the retract switch while they are pushing. If may be enough to get the slide moving instead of the clutch slipping. (I do this in cold weather with our unit). If this gets the slide in I would still have the unit checked out before using it again.
townsendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #4

Do you have the big manual that came with the rig? Mine has the exact procedure with pictures of how to retract if problems in the book.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, slide, water, gulfstream