Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #15

Going back in my memory, I believe that the Chevy van cutaway chassis used a 350 with carburetion. It should have a mechanical pump on the passenger side of the timing chain cover. Look for evidence of diaphragm failure (fuel weeping from hole near cover). If no evidence of leak, then you can check for fuel delivery by removing the air filter and moving the accelerator - you should see small streams of fuel being injected into the throat of the carburetor from the accelerator pumps. And, like others suggested - you may have a plugged fuel filter. It should be an in-line cylinder between the fuel pump at the carburetor - spliced into the rubber line.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #16

I feel for you, but it doesn't sound like you have much mechanical background. Where are you from? Are you broke down near where you have friends or family? I can't imagine traveling without $$$ for repairs. I think your going to need more then god for this problem. I hope you don't have young children with you. Good luck, if we were only a few hundred miles apart, I would offer to help. But that's not feasible.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
I feel for you, but it doesn't sound like you have much mechanical background. Where are you from? Are you broke down near where you have friends or family? I can't imagine traveling without $$$ for repairs. I think your going to need more then god for this problem. I hope you don't have young children with you. Good luck, if we were only a few hundred miles apart, I would offer to help. But that's not feasible.
Thank you, weredoingit, but God put us right where we needed to be and gave us Larry, the owner/operator of Summit Automotive in beautiful Buena Vista, Colorado. This man has blessed us in so many ways and has enriched us so immensely with his testimonials on God's purpose for his life that no earthly riches can come close in comparison! Talk about confirmation that ours IS a mission from God, well, this is definitely one experience that will be a testimonial for us as we continue on our journey for Him. And if you should ever wonder about what God wants you to be doing in your lifetime, I am confident that Larry will be more than happy to share some of his personal 'tips' from God Himself!
joyusrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #18

My name is David and this is the first time that I have seen this posting done by my fiance I'm not happy with a lot of you who seem to criticize those who don't have the intelligence of knowing everything about an RV all at once I logged on to this site thinking that many could help and hoping that it would be a cool family to join or be a part of but instead I've read a lot of criticism and I'm not too happy with the immediate results however just like everything else in life there are a few of you who really do have a heart and share concern for those of you I appreciate you more than you could possibly imagine considering my own past I have moved mountains and overcoming the problems of an RV is nothing to me especially when you consider the fact that it was my one and only key to a new, happy, better life... I'm a firm believer in God himself and that is truly all I need to make it in life and as proven and this one and only incident so far but you guys have witnessed God came to light and saved my family just as he will do you and yours if you just believe for those of you that tried to help thank you so much I hope to see any and all of you on the road my name is David my wife is joy and we plan on doing nothing but delivering God's word and traveling the country.... for those of you that need to know, I'm not a poor man by any means I served for your country and fought for your freedom, and even deployed in a combat zone as a 19D Cavalry Scout in Ramadi, Iraq, 2006 to 2009... money means nothing to me, but the Lord means everything!
joyusrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #19

I wonder if they ever made it to their destination.

I am also curious as to the nature of the problem. When an issue pops up, it's always great to hear the resolution - just in case another RV'er has the same issue.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help