Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Need Help with Breakers/Fuses

I have a 2005 Allegro with a 8.1 gas workhorse engine. I pulled a dumb move and high centered my trailer,in return it severed the 7way trailer wire on my trailer. I noticed I had also lost the rear lights on the motorhome. I checked the fuses but all was good. The only lights i had was the emergency flashers on the trailer. The clearance lights and headlights all worked on the motorhome but nothing else. When i arrived back home the engine would not start,out of nowhere the engine started, but when I turned the headlights on the motor died. Does anyone have an idea where to start to fix this issue?

mdburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
I would check the wiring inside the lft frame rail. Pulling the trailor wiring may have damaged the harness just fwd of the fuel tank. this might cause loss of power to the in tank fuel pump.

Dave and Laura & two cats
02 Discovery with Accord toad
retired auto rv tech and teacher, wife rt nurse
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Though I do agree with checking the rails. I question if you got ALL the fuses.

three are THREE fuse panels for the chassis.

There is the one over by the parking breake pedal inside.

There is the Battery Control Center

There is the main chassis fuse box. That one can be hard to spot (more in a second)

I screwed up a turn signal modification (Added lights to the mirror arms) and popped both the brake light fuse and the turn signal fuse.. ONE of them was inside, by the parking brake.

The other was under the hood in the main chassis fuse box

Top dead center under the hood it is a black, box, unmarked retangular, around 8 by 10 or 12 as I recall (Size is from memory)

Releases on each side and the cover pulls forward

Fuses and breakers abound inside.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Thanks for everyone's help! I did find a fuse blown and a loose wire in the fuse panel in the engine compartment. It was located on the driverside up top, not easy to see. All is working good now! Headed to the races! Thanks again!
mdburns is offline   Reply With Quote