Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
jdwky's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 508
Need help with gutter spouts

Hi all-
Need some help figuring out what kind of gutter spout solution I need. Only had the new Thor Miramar a few weeks and I'm already getting streaks down the driver and passenger side windows from the A/C condensation. I've been searching on here and looking at the different gutter spout solutions but I'm not sure what kind will fit our coach. It doesn't appear there is any stock gutter at all, just the awning rail. I am attaching a pic for you all to look and see though. Please help as I want to keep our nice coach looking nice and new! Those streaks don't come off very well!! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	156
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	45164  
__________________

__________________
jdwky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,722
I am just posting this link RV Gutter Extensions cause they had photos for you to see and maybe you will find something here that will work for you, do a search on e-bay also there are some on there.
__________________

__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
adonh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
Hi all-
Need some help figuring out what kind of gutter spout solution I need. Only had the new Thor Miramar a few weeks and I'm already getting streaks down the driver and passenger side windows from the A/C condensation. I've been searching on here and looking at the different gutter spout solutions but I'm not sure what kind will fit our coach. It doesn't appear there is any stock gutter at all, just the awning rail. I am attaching a pic for you all to look and see though. Please help as I want to keep our nice coach looking nice and new! Those streaks don't come off very well!! Thanks!
You are right that does not look like a gutter, just the awning rail. You may have already looked at this site about their RV gutter product. Essential Products RV & Marine

Here is a site with a gutter extension spout that directs the water away from the side.

Rv Rain Gutter Spout Extension

Hope this helps. Let us know what you come up with.
__________________
Don
2003 Forest River Cardinal Platinum 37' 5th Wheel
1976 31' Airstream
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
adonh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I am just posting this link RV Gutter Extensions cause they had photos for you to see and maybe you will find something here that will work for you, do a search on e-bay also there are some on there.
The link had a product that I have not seen before listed as "black streak relief gutter inserts". This is a product called RainKap

RV Streak Relief - RainKap - RV Accessory Part

Based on the installation instructions it is designed to replace the upper vinyl insert between the roof and the side of the coach.

Installation Instructions

This looks like something that might be worth looking in to.

Thanks
__________________
Don
2003 Forest River Cardinal Platinum 37' 5th Wheel
1976 31' Airstream
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
jdwky's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
The link had a product that I have not seen before listed as "black streak relief gutter inserts". This is a product called RainKap

RV Streak Relief - RainKap - RV Accessory Part

Based on the installation instructions it is designed to replace the upper vinyl insert between the roof and the side of the coach.

Installation Instructions

This looks like something that might be worth looking in to.

Thanks
That looks interesting. The RainKap would only work on the drivers side though as it would not fit behind the power awning on passenger side. Stinks!!

I guess this is how Thor saves money, by not installing gutters!
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 5
2013 JKU toad
jdwky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
need help



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.