Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #1

Need help with Super C

New here but not new to RVing. I frequent the FR forum and it has been tremendous help. Currently own a Georgetown 329DS Class A. We are starting our plans to get our final RV (yeah right ).

When owning several as you all know you learn many things and we are ready to get the perfect MH.

Must haves and here comes the question(s). King bed and be able to tow 6,000 lbs EASILY. Our current toad is a Jeep GC that the Georgie struggles with. Planning on moving into JKU plus a couple of scooters. We also do not need a bigger rig as the kids are headed off to college.

Looking at the Super C's and have done a bit of research but want people's experiences, not sales people rhetoric.

Looking at things from Thor to Dynamax to Nexus. As our Georgie is kind of the lower end of class A we would like to step it up a notch. Nicer finishes, amenities etc.

Anyone have a Super C or have had one that can share experience good and bad?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #2

Super C

My wife and I recently purchased a 2017 Jayco Seneca 37RB. King Bed 2 slides 1 1/2 bath. We love it. has everything we need. It's worth a look, if you have a dealer near you that has one. Good luck with your search. Hope you fing what you need.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfixer1 View Post
My wife and I recently purchased a 2017 Jayco Seneca 37RB. King Bed 2 slides 1 1/2 bath. We love it. has everything we need. It's worth a look, if you have a dealer near you that has one. Good luck with your search. Hope you fing what you need.
Thanks.

I did look at a 16 Seneca on a lot. It did look nice. Have you towed with it yet? If so how did it pull and what can you compare that to? I believe that one has the Cummings with 2500 Allison? I have been looking at a lot.

Any major issues with the Jayco so far?

I have gone to many of the dedicated sites for each of these Super C brands but most don't share the comparisons and towing experience which is what I am trying to get real data.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #4

have had zero issues with our verona to date.
it tows awesome, and holds 150 gal. of fresh water.
we boondock alot so that was one of the selling points for us...

definitely a step up from our previous super c.

We too bought our 'last RV' with the verona.
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #5

Deputybubba, that looks nice. I may have to check them out. Had not heard of them until you mentioned it. Have to see if any local dealers have them.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #6

While looking at the Verona, remember it is designed to tow 20,000 lbs.
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #7

We have towed our F-150 with our Thor Four Winds many times without any issues. With the thing's that were loaded in the pickup, I'd say we were 6,000+. Overall we are very pleased with our Thor MH.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskrbina View Post
We have towed our F-150 with our Thor Four Winds many times without any issues. With the thing's that were loaded in the pickup, I'd say we were 6,000+. Overall we are very pleased with our Thor MH.
This brand also interests me. When over at their dedicated forum it appeared many were having substantial issues but a local dealer here sells them but does not have any on the lot and waiting for the 18's. This is on the list as they have a perfect floor plan we are interested in.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy8321 View Post
While looking at the Verona, remember it is designed to tow 20,000 lbs.
Good catch. Thanks. Definitely overkill for us. I really feel that 10k capacity is our number.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
We test drove a Nexus Super C Phantom. Really quite a nice unit. My problem was the price/value ratio wasn't there versus an entry level Class A. For the Phantom, a reasonable level of options gets you to 130k. Compare to a Ventana LE 3436 (using Newmar because I know Newmar best, but this could be done versus Fleetwood Excursion or anything else). Same level of options at commonly-advertised street price is $165k. For the extra $35k, you get air suspension, air brakes, significantly more exterior storage, and a significantly higher level of fit/finish.

For us, we compared to a gas Class A, coming in at under 110k very well-optioned, and the Super C wasn't worth the 20k+. (For you, the gas Class A won't work because of towing capacity, of course.)
Old 06-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacay Wheels View Post
We test drove a Nexus Super C Phantom. Really quite a nice unit. My problem was the price/value ratio wasn't there versus an entry level Class A. For the Phantom, a reasonable level of options gets you to 130k. Compare to a Ventana LE 3436 (using Newmar because I know Newmar best, but this could be done versus Fleetwood Excursion or anything else). Same level of options at commonly-advertised street price is $165k. For the extra $35k, you get air suspension, air brakes, significantly more exterior storage, and a significantly higher level of fit/finish.

For us, we compared to a gas Class A, coming in at under 110k very well-optioned, and the Super C wasn't worth the 20k+. (For you, the gas Class A won't work because of towing capacity, of course.)
This is interesting because it is the exact opposite of what the sales folks said. That's why I am here to get feedback that is probably more real than a sales guy. They were all saying the Super C is perfect because for the same power and towing capacity you will get into very expensive Class A where the Super C is less expensive but still with the 10k towing capacity.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Good catch. Thanks. Definitely overkill for us. I really feel that 10k capacity is our number.
I don't need any where close to 20k lbs towing either,
but I figured the most is never not enough....
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #13

Was looking at the Thor 35SM. Wow that really ticks many of our boxes for must have's and nice to have's.
  • King bed
  • Towing capacity
  • Outdoor entertainment
  • Outdoor kitchen, like the extra refer so no more coolers
  • Frameless windows, nice look.
  • Full size refer with ice maker
  • Oven, lots of Super C's have no oven
  • Can change over cab bed to entertainment area
  • Shower separate from bathroom sink
Only looked on line and haven't seen one live yet to see the fit and finish.

Question is while I don't need 20k towing capacity, anyone else have experience towing 5,000 plus lbs with this Ford platform? Up and down hills? Will this platform last as long as freitghliner/Cummings and other heavier duty type diesel platforms? What about driving, anyone have expereince with this vs. a heavier duty platform? Easier to drive, quieter etc?

Thanks again so far the data and replies have been a huge help.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #14

Just yesterday looked at a Super C for the first time. Went to the dealer to check out a Leprechaun (sp) 'cause it has a washer/dryer. DW said 'no way'! Dealer showed us a Dynamax as a possibility. Now that is one fine unit! The most we'll tow is a Jeep Commander. Maybe 6-7000 lbs. We thought that the Cummins 6.7 would be adaquite as I now pull a19,000 lbs 5ver. But the 6.7 is the de-tuned version found on a RAM Chassis Cab. So we'll probably settle on a Dynamax Force with the HD package. That's an 8.1L Cummins with 1000 ft-lbs torque. Chassis rated to pull 10,000 lbs. The DX3 model can pull 20,000 lbs, but the hitch hangs to low for my driveway. Now I have to plan on changing all of my RV plans.

rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help