Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #1

Need Industry Attorney for Lemons

If anyone can recommend an attorney, I sure would appreciate it.

Prefer an attorney familiar with Magnuson Moss.

Please send PM or post here

Thank You!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #2

I assume your having problems and the dealers cant help you?
As I understand it Magnuson Moss does not cover recreational vehicles. So your best bet is to contact your selling dealer for help. If they cant/wont help contact Forest River dirrectly

450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
I assume your having problems and the dealers cant help you?
As I understand it Magnuson Moss does not cover recreational vehicles. So your best bet is to contact your selling dealer for help. If they cant/wont help contact Forest River dirrectly

One would think that by asking for an attorney the obvious has long been done. The selling dealer cant help ; duh. You really think they haven't tried till they are asking for a lawyer. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry to hear you're having troubles. If you feel you must go the way of the lemon, this may get you started. http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/rvll-sit...tate_laws.html

I would pursue all other options first. Once the suits get a hold of it things usually get worse before they get better. I have heard FR does try to make things right, but who knows better than you? Not me, that's for sure.
Steve and Annie.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
One would think that by asking for an attorney the obvious has long been done. The selling dealer cant help ; duh. You really think they haven't tried till they are asking for a lawyer. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gee, sorry I offended your sensibility!
I do not know this person, do you?
I have no idea based on their question IF they have exhausted all avenues before going to a lawyer, do YOU?
Common sense dictates that I ask the simple questions first. It simply amazes me how many people want to run to a lawyer before trying the simple stuff first.
SO GET OFF MY CASE!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis

Let's knock off the personal comments.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post

While one would think that is true, I have seen first had working for a manufacture that some people want a buyback with the first issue. Some make things up due to buyers remorse, first payment shock, or they just decided they don't want it. I am not saying that the OP is doing this at all, but just saying that there are some that try it. I believe California has a lemon law that states that under a buy back the customer gets selling price and double it. There are some that abuse this law and claim buy back once every few years to get a new vehicle.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The response by "450Donn" was absolutely appropriate and good information. The response by "jamesrxx951" took the words right out of my mouth. There is no way of knowing why the OP wanted a lawyer. The OP should have given a little insight as to why they wanted an attorney and might have received a more accurate response from the group.

"carolinagirl"....There are a lot of people who have gone through what you're going through. The rules change by state and some have found ways to force a dealer or manufacturer to do repairs. How about a little more info. You may take some heat from some that think your complaints are not to the level of a Lemon Law return, but you may also get a perspective from others that will tell you that you have a losing/winning case.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
It's a given you get a completely general question and immediately a few are ready to burn the town down. Not nearly enough information from the OP for anyone to give a qaulity answer. Until the OP identifies the problem, the state he's in, and the solutions he has attempted I don't know how anyone can help him?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
It's a given you get a completely general question and immediately a few are ready to burn the town down. Not nearly enough information from the OP for anyone to give a qaulity answer. Until the OP identifies the problem, the state he's in, and the solutions he has attempted I don't know how anyone can help him?
She's in "Coastal South Carolina" according to the sidebar under her ID.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Recognizing there is no responsibility on our part to do so - I checked and the OP had 3 threads and about as many responses since having a driver apparently drop a new 2013 Georgetown off on her in 30 degree December weather. She emailed her husband about being apprehensive in taking delivery - apparently on her own. Has had it in the shop off and on, etc. So even trying to get at what's going on isn't well documented. But it does seem that she's over her and probably doesn't know how to describe what's going on very well.

Carolinagirl - Give us a chance here. You didn't get much attention before - but you have our attention now. We have now idea what's up - but your other threads seem like you didn't get a good introduction to the coach for starters. Has anyone ever given you a good how to and delivery inspection? It could happen but a 2013 Georgetown shouldn't be a throw back.

Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #12

We did our lemon law case on our own and won

Document document document, save everything you get from any repair and or repair attempt, take notes of conversations, NEVER be disrespectful as the people you could be cussing will be the people you are looking at across the table in "court" and or arbitration most rv lemon law cases are won or lost in arbitration.

No I am not a lawyer should have been but can't sit still long enough in class and or school

IF this is a safety and or catastrophic problem it will be a lot easier to win. Pm for more details on how we won our lemon law case
Old 05-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Gee, sorry I offended your sensibility!
I do not know this person, do you?
I have no idea based on their question IF they have exhausted all avenues before going to a lawyer, do YOU?
Common sense dictates that I ask the simple questions first. It simply amazes me how many people want to run to a lawyer before trying the simple stuff first.
SO GET OFF MY CASE!
My apologies to you sir. I sometimes forget the most mundane things people forget to do sometimes. When I want to know information I go to the search function first. I would gladly buy you lunch someday if we meet up!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #14

Not a problem. We all have bad days. Sometimes more bad than good. I was trying to get her to give us more information as to the sorts of problems she is having. So far it does not appear that she has returned to fill us in on what is so terribly wrong that it needs to be bought back by Forest River. Have owned my Cedar Creek since 2005 and so far other than routine maintenance items it has been perfect. When I have a question I have called or emailed the factory and gotten an answer within usually 24 hours. That is not to say that other divisions are that good, but.....