Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Need New Audio System

Need a little help finding a new audio system. I have a 2008 Monaco Knight with a RCA RTD258RV all in one audio system. It is starting to make a loud buzzing noise when we turn it on to watch TV. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get a all in one new system. It does not have to be a RCA because they no longer make this system that I have any more. And I would hope that it marries up with the speakers that came with the RCA RTD258RV.

Thanks for the help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Dan, I would advise against getting a combined system (DVD & receiver) because of service problems. When I updated my system I bought a Denon surround sound receiver and a separate Samsung BluRay DVD player.

I also had to install a powered subwoofer since the old receiver did not use one. There should not be a problem with your old speakers (except the subwoofer). As long as they are 8 ohm impedance, which most are, they will be fine for the new receiver.

You have to be careful about the receiver that you buy. I bought one on the low end of the Denon line, and found that the HDMI from the DVD must have an HDMI connection to the TV, which I had to add.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info. The only problem I have is there is not enough outlets to plug everything in because I have the receiver, TV, x2 for the Dish Satellite. I am afraid that if I was to add a power strip to plug everything in I will over load the circuit.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by micki49 View Post
Thanks for the info. The only problem I have is there is not enough outlets to plug everything in because I have the receiver, TV, x2 for the Dish Satellite. I am afraid that if I was to add a power strip to plug everything in I will over load the circuit.

That would not be a problem. Those components don't draw that much current!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks again Joe.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Need New Audio System

I recently installed a Sony BDV-E3100 surround sound receiver with an integrated Blu-Ray player after my OE Panasonic receiver died. Although the system came with all new speakers, I haven't changed them out (yet). The system sounds fantastic and takes up very little space.

FWIW, I added a power strip to my entertainment cabinet years ago and have experienced no problems with the power demand.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Dan, I would advise against getting a combined system (DVD & receiver) because of service problems. When I updated my system I bought a Denon surround sound receiver and a separate Samsung BluRay DVD player.

I also had to install a powered subwoofer since the old receiver did not use one. There should not be a problem with your old speakers (except the subwoofer). As long as they are 8 ohm impedance, which most are, they will be fine for the new receiver.

You have to be careful about the receiver that you buy. I bought one on the low end of the Denon line, and found that the HDMI from the DVD must have an HDMI connection to the TV, which I had to add.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
How did the hookup for the house antenna to the receiver work in terms of connection
Old 08-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjerrard View Post
How did the hookup for the house antenna to the receiver work in terms of connection

Sorry, but I can't remember about that. We never use the TV antenna on top.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #9

Personally I would look at some of the car audio in dash systems many come with DVD players and multiple AUX inputs some even have HDMI output they are small and use 12v power. The added bluetooth is a nice feature on many of them. On a older unit you can take out the big home theater system and replace with a small car stereo that will do more stuff. You can buy adapters for the TV antenna to send to the radio for FM and AM reception. You can also remote mount a amp and subwoofers if you want to crank it up. Many of them also come with remote control now.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mainiac View Post
Personally I would look at some of the car audio in dash systems many come with DVD players and multiple AUX inputs some even have HDMI output they are small and use 12v power. The added bluetooth is a nice feature on many of them. On a older unit you can take out the big home theater system and replace with a small car stereo that will do more stuff. You can buy adapters for the TV antenna to send to the radio for FM and AM reception. You can also remote mount a amp and subwoofers if you want to crank it up. Many of them also come with remote control now.
I looked at a couple but they seemed to need a connection to the parking brake of a vehicle or some functions did not work. No expert here so I could have miss-understood the manual

Tags
audio