Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #1

Need part for Oasis Awning (motorized)

Recently the Oasis 974 door awning on my 05 Meridian 34H decided to self destruct. So I removed it and dissected it to find the problem. Turns out the "CAP ROLLER TUBE LH" had ground itself into little pieces. I contacted Dometic at 1-800-544-4881 (the awning manufacturer or maybe US distributor) for a replacement part. It turns out they have order the part from somewhere else and it won't be shipped to Dometic until the 28th of May.

At this point I called Camping World who are the other supplier of parts for Oasis awnings and they couldn't come up with the part I needed any sooner than I could.

The part number is 3310300.000. Any ideas on how I could get this part any sooner than the end of this month? The reason for the haste is we are ( or should I say were ) planning to start our summer excursion up into the Northeast US and Canada the 6th of June and I hate to leave this repair for the last minute.

In the attached picture you can see all the little pieces that make up this part. Also notice the ground up pieces as well. By the way the cost of the part is $90.48 and with taxes and shipping the total is $121.81.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have on the subject.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAP ROLLER TUBE LH.JPG
Views:	966
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	3986  
fnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi fputnam,
Consider calling PPL. Their contact number is 800-755-4775. I purchased the same part(s) mentioned in the OP from them. The price is about what I paid.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #3

Thanks Gary. I'll give them a call today.

Frank and EJ Putnam
2005 Meridian 34H Cat C7
Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #4

UPDATE: I called PPL and they don't have the part in stock either. They too would have to order it from Dometic. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Consider ordering 2 clutches. These things wear out every so often. They are soft metal.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another source might be A&E AWNING PARTS You can call them at 916-929-9777. They are in Sacramento
Old 05-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #7

Thank you, thank you born2camp. They had it in stock, I ordered and it should be shipped out today. Interesting note: it cost about $13 more, but shipping is less and they didn't charge tax, so the total is within $2-3 of Dometic and I get it two weeks (at least) earlier.

Thanks again for your help. IRV2 ROCKS!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fputnam
Recently the Oasis 974 door awning on my 05 Meridian 34H decided to self destruct. So I removed it and dissected it to find the problem. Turns out the "CAP ROLLER TUBE LH" had ground itself into little pieces. I contacted Dometic at 1-800-544-4881 (the awning manufacturer or maybe US distributor) for a replacement part. It turns out they have order the part from somewhere else and it won't be shipped to Dometic until the 28th of May.

At this point I called Camping World who are the other supplier of parts for Oasis awnings and they couldn't come up with the part I needed any sooner than I could.

The part number is 3310300.000. Any ideas on how I could get this part any sooner than the end of this month? The reason for the haste is we are ( or should I say were ) planning to start our summer excursion up into the Northeast US and Canada the 6th of June and I hate to leave this repair for the last minute.

In the attached picture you can see all the little pieces that make up this part. Also notice the ground up pieces as well. By the way the cost of the part is $90.48 and with taxes and shipping the total is $121.81.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have on the subject.
Thanks for your info and pic! Helped us resolve our problem! Part ordered!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to larrymck
I just received my LH part 3310300.000, went to install it on my oasis elite door awning, and damned if I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone drop me the instructions on how to do it. Took me six months to get this part by the way.
larrymck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to larrymck
Instructions for installing the LH roller part nr. 3310300.000

I need some help with the installation of this thing, I have all the parts, and ready to put the awning back on the motorhome, but I seem to remember something about having to do something during the install, either power it up and get the awning to retract or something like that. Anyone that has recently done this, please drop me a line. Thanks in advance.

This is the Dometic Oasis Elite powered door awning, 56" wide on a 2005 discovery.
larrymck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymck View Post
I need some help with the installation of this thing, I have all the parts, and ready to put the awning back on the motorhome, but I seem to remember something about having to do something during the install, either power it up and get the awning to retract or something like that. Anyone that has recently done this, please drop me a line. Thanks in advance.

This is the Dometic Oasis Elite powered door awning, 56" wide on a 2005 discovery.
I tried to figure out how to post the PDF , but I had no luck. I googled oasis Rv door awning and found the installation instructions. Or you can pm me your email address and I will send it o you in a PDF. Good luck!

Tags
3310300.000, cap roller tube lh, door awning, oasis