Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
Senior Member
dmason's Avatar
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 376
Need Pass Thru Access Hole/Cover for Electrical Cords

I have two electrical outlets in one of my bays that I use to run electrical cords to power different "things" that at the campsite (stereo, fry pan, CD player, etc). I have to keep my bay door cracked open for the cords. I'm looking for a pass thru access panel that I put into the floor of the bay to handle the cords while camped and then would be secure enough to close off during travel and keep road rocks/peddles/water from coming into the bay. I have something similar in my water bay, for my hose pass thru, but can't find a source for it. Any suggestions?

Richard and Mary Lou
2007 HR Scepter, 42PLQ
Supply Corps, USN Retired
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
RJay's Avatar
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,589
I think this is what you may be looking for. Here is another source with a better selection.

2007 Newmar DSDP 4023
Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought.
If you want to see what man made go East; if you want to see what God made go West.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Member
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 769
Check the parts bin at your favorite retailer for a square flanged bulkhead fitting having the twist-lock sewer connection feature with a twist on cap with attached retaining lanyard. Purchase this along with an extra twist on cap. Obtain a short 12 guage extension cord along with a replacement male plug. Cut male plug off of cord. Measure cord diameter and drill hole in extra twist cap that affords an interference fit of the cord through the hole in twist cap. Assemble replacement plug to cord end. Cut 3" hole in compartment where you want cord to exit compartment. Attach bulkhead fitting with self tapping screws after applying sealant to mating surfaces. You now have a bug-tite access to your inboard receptacle. And the twist-on blank cap will always be handy when you break camp. I have done this with my 30 amp cord and with the cord that supplies independant pedestal power to my charger/converter. Using quick connects I have done this with my water supply also. All of my connections are "DROPS" thru the compartment floors. Good luck!!
TandW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Gary RVRoamer's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Silver Springs, FL. USA
Posts: 18,635
This may be more what you are looking for - the typical RV cord hatch with hinges side and a sliding cover for smaller hoses/wires. Several styles and colors available.

Save at RV Partscenter - RV Parts and Supply
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition
Home is in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
dmason's Avatar
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 376
Thanks for the recommendations. Found just what I needed down the road at my RV dealer. It's called a utility/pole storage access hatch with a 3 1/2 inch opening with a sliding latch for $5.91 plus tax. Probably cost me $10 in gas to get there and back.
Richard and Mary Lou
2007 HR Scepter, 42PLQ
Supply Corps, USN Retired
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NorEasters who get the six flags season pass today only Doris Northeast Region 2 12-16-2007 09:33 AM
New Federal Interagency Pass ChiefJohn Excel Owner's Forum 3 12-27-2006 01:24 PM
New Federal Interagency Pass ChiefJohn Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 3 12-16-2006 03:50 AM
Engine access from bedroom AFChap Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 19 01-26-2006 02:10 PM
EZ Pass in MA, NH, ME, NY, CT & NJ Ken Hatch Northeast Region 23 06-07-2005 07:41 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.