Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #15
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
I have found that propane distributors are typically the easiest, and many times, the best priced outlets.
This is my experience as well. Dedicated propane distributors are generally the least expensive, U-Haul the most expensive (by far), and Flying J somewhere in-between.

smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
Are there any RV dealers in your area? They may have propane or can tell you where to go. Most dealers are going to fill the tanks before a sale. How about a campground near. When you give this some thought you will be traveling to somewhere and need to stop for fuel, I usually just top off my tank when we are on the road at a truck stop.

Dan Sees, Full Timing in the MH & Part timing in a S&B In Hampstead, NC
2013 Winnebago Journey 42e, 2014 Featherlite Car Hauler 3110 17.5', 2008 Mazda MX5,
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #17
I used to take my 5er tanks to the local gas stations. The stations I usually took them to got ~7 gallons in an empty tank. Twice, I took them to another station and he got 9 gallons in them. Is this possible or was his meter wrong?
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Call AmeriGas on Rt. 40 (410) 465-0800). They are west of Rt. 29. They should be able to take your motorhome or at least point you in the right direction.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #19
Trying to locate a company/business who delivers propane, to come fill my 50 gallon tank in my motorhome which is set up at the Midland RV Ranch in Midland Texas. I have contacted two dealers already and they will only deliver 100 gallons or more. Didnt have any problems getting someone when I was in south Texas! Any help is appreciated!!
dswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #20
Alpine Owners Club
Dswan, ask at the Midland RV Ranch office they will know. If they don't, go to another RV park that is professional.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
2005 38' FDTS Alpine Limited, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Cape Cod, MA
DrDaveMA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #21
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok, you have a motor home. This does somewhat limit you since you can not remove the tank.

Many campgrounds (Private that is) have Propane. they also tend to price it "Captive audiance" level (high).

Depending on your state some Gas Stations, and/or Hardware stores, may have it, Tractor Supply Centers may have it (THey are in part hardware stores).

Many RV Dealers can top off your tank.

GOOGLE: Propane {zip Code} and look for the kind of propane place that shows big bulk delivery tankers (A wholesaler) Most of them can do it.

IN selected cities I can give you locations.. Flint, MI area, Parker's propane.

Tekonsha, MI.. Carmichales (I even know how to get there)

Seneca, SC the hardware across from the Wall*mart or the TSC just west of it.

Farther North in Michigan there are Citgo stations with Propane

Farther south it is mixed, but General RV has propane.

West of the river I'm not so good (Mississippi)
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
When we had our HR, our home delivery service used to top off our propane. We would just leave him a note on our home tank. Now that we have the Monaco they can't do it. Something about not having the right adapter. Bummer because it was so convient for them to do it in the drive way.

Tom and Barbara in Delaware, USAF Retired Aircraft Crew Chief
2001 Monaco Dynasty Regent DSO FD - 40 ft DP with Tag Axle - Towing a 2003 Jeep Wrangler

tikitom is online now   Reply With Quote

propane, tank