Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Needing to buy a cover

Searching the board for "RV cover" came up with just about every cover known to man EXCEPT and actual "RV cover", so, I'm asking the masses:

What are you using, how much, and do you like it?

Only cover I've ever had was one of the "better" tyvek covers for our old 27' Brave, was a dealer "gift". Didn't seem brutally strong but it lasted 4 winters with little more than a tear or two.

Our "new" 10 year old Allegro will be (so the plan goes) our LAST motorhome, we'll only be using it occasionally for the next several years. So I'm needing a cover for it--

CW has 2 types, not exactly sure why but the "better" one is only like $20 more than the "basic" one, but each will be over $500 out the door...

Just found "National Discount Covers" online, they have an Expedition with 3 year warrantee (only 2 years on CW's) for $304, including shipping, seems pretty reasonable to me...

I've hit a couple other sites but there are several-- Another thing I'm finding is "will not fit diesel pusher RV's" and "zippers will not line up with diesel pusher RV's"... While not absolutely necessary, I WOULD like access to the thing while the cover is on (The Expedition above says "will fit"...)

Anyway, any tips and reviews welcome!

PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We had an ADCO cover for 3 years. It didn't hold up all that well. See my pics. We learned after the 1st year to pad every possible nub & sharp edge & to face the front of the coach INTO the prevailing winds with the slack in the cover, tied up as best we could, at the rear. I spent a lot of time sewing patches over the holes. I ended up sewing because the adhesive w/the patch kit will not hold up over the course of another winter's storage. They just peel right off & blow away. Even with the problems, the cover did keep the weather & UV rays off the coach during the winter & it was fairly cheap, compared to indoor storage.

This year, though, we had an RV port built. VERY happy w/that.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #3

Thumbs up

I had a cover from national and was very pleased with it. Only used it for one year. 8 months before we moved up in size.

I plan to get one for the new rig. Will order ths weekend so I can get the 10% discount.

I had the 3 year warranty
Old 08-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the replies!

Lori, your cover looks like the cover we used to have on our Brave, but ours may have been an 'upgrade'? The only tears in ours were down low, by the bumper. The top on it was much beefier than the rest of it...

Oldfart, good to hear you were pleased, I believe its the same cover I'm talking about above from National...
Old 08-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #5

I would like to buy one as well this winter, what is a good cover that you recomend?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Well, I'm about ready to order up an Expedition cover from National ($303.85 to my door), and today I get a letter from the "the desk of Marcus Lemonis, Chairman & CEO of Camping World, Inc." -- thanking me for purchasing an ADCO cover from them a few years ago... the letter states ADCO covers have improved, and that I can get "special VIP pricing" on a new cover by bringing in my old cover (or just a piece of my old cover)...

Funny thing, I've never bought a cover from CW. Only cover we had was as noted above, a 'dealer gift', not from CW, and that was 8 years ago...??

Whatever-- what I'm wondering is, anyone have a clue as to the "special VIP price"?

I'm still guessing the ADCO will cost at least $100 more than the Expedition, and the ADCO only has a 2 year warranty, vs 3 years for the Expy...
Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Smile Cover

I have mine from National as well over 3 years great company and USA made good prices and i think better MOHO the tyvex
jerry7

5.3 V8 tow package 3.73 2009 Roo23ss.ultra Fab 3500,equalizer hitch 1000/10000.
jerry7 is offline   Reply With Quote