Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New Captain Seats

Has anyone replaced there driver and passenger seats?? Mine need replacing and was looking for suggestions on a good yet inexpensive place to get some.

I was looking at discountvantruck.com. Pricing look good. Has anyone ordered from them? How is the quality of the seats??

Thanks,

NK

ktmnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We dealt with Discountvantruck.Terrible people to do business with. We ordered captains chairs and sofa, and made arrangements with them with a specified delivery date at an address that we were traveling to and staying at only a few days. We had made arrangements to install them at that address before we moved on. When we arrived, no chairs and sofa. The phone calls began. Finally when we threatened to cancel the order and have the credit card payment reversed, they shipped the product to a truck warehouse. We had to drive to the warehouse to get the product. Generally, it's good product. The chairs were everything we expected them to be, although the measurements shown are not totally accurate. We ordered the expensive DeLoreon chair with the automatic footrest. The seat is almost two feet deep! The sofa we received is constructed incorrectly, and we will have to dismantle it and rebuild it ourselves.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmnoel View Post
Has anyone replaced there driver and passenger seats?? Mine need replacing and was looking for suggestions on a good yet inexpensive place to get some.

I was looking at discountvantruck.com. Pricing look good. Has anyone ordered from them? How is the quality of the seats??

Thanks,

NK
If you haven't resolved your seat issue yet, I'd suggest you check with an auto upholstery shop. We went that route with our motorhome sofas and it cost us $2500 vs $4690 for same brand replacements. Plus that included our 4 dining chairs that weren't priced for replacements. The added benefit for us was the multitude of fabrics available.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try Bradd and Hall and associates. They sell flexsteel at good prices, good people to do business with.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I second Bradd and Hall. I have delt with them twice and have been very satisified both time.
tbussche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree with all these suggestions. Our experience with Discountvantruck cost us $3000.00 for 2 captains chairs (1 with footrest), and 1 sofa. While it ended up O.K., and we will probably enjoy the furniture for a long time, we did not enjoy the experience of dealing with those people. I would not recommend them at all.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #7

We just bought 2 couches and 2 captains chairs (with temperpedic type of foam). Our experience with them was only positive. Good people to deal with and the furniture is top quality. There were no surprises.