Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #15

RV resources is a very good tutorial for learning about your MH and winter camping.
LP gas/propane must get to the frig burner before it will operate; light the propane cooktop first to insure you have gas flow and to purge any air out of the lines to that point. Then when putting the frig on propane you only have to purge the gas line from the cooktop to the frig, it may take several attempts before it operates. This happens frequently after an RV has been in storage for a few months with the propane tank turned off. No offense, the propane tank does show you have some, right. (Won't tell why I asked)
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As far as the fridge, when you first turn it on to gas, access the outside panel and look to se if the pilot actually lights. You may also need to reset the main board. What brand is it, look up on the internet the model and you can get info on how to do this.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
As far as the fridge, when you first turn it on to gas, access the outside panel and look to se if the pilot actually lights. You may also need to reset the main board. What brand is it, look up on the internet the model and you can get info on how to do this.
Service Documents and Manuals
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #18

Hello All! Hope everyone had a great winter.

Well, to complete this thread, well, maybe not complete it but update it with a decision I'm about to make on tires.

I've looked and researched and 'think' I've decided on these tires for my Rexhall 32' Class A motor home:

Hercules H-901 - 235/85 R16
Here's a link to the info: Hercules News : Hercules Introduces New H-901 All Steel Commercial Light Truck Tire: Heavy-duty tire is latest in H-Series medium truck line-up

This is a 14 ply tire so I'm hoping the ride will be okay. Since it's so new I am having a hard time finding any reviews of it. If ANYONE you know has heard anything good or bad please let me know as I'm planning on ordering these on Monday, the 21st.

The good news is my local tire shop here in Spokane, Perfection Tire, has them right in town! And of course I've asked them to check the DOM code on them to be sure they are as new as possible. I wonder if they would order newer ones if these are too old? Oh, and what is too old? 6 Months? 1 Year? In my mind, if they are 3 months old then that's okay....right? And all the date codes have to match. (See I'm learning!)

So thanks for everyone's input and I will respond to the other items I've asked about (gas gauge, fridge, etc) when I get to them.

I do love the community here and greatly appreciate everyone's input!
Oh..as far as price, on-line those tires are $162.99 a piece and shipping was $169, so it comes out to $1146.92 if I order on-line and then who knows how much for mounting and balancing them. Through Perfection, out the door price is $1356.00 for 6 of them, so the difference is $210 which when you figure having to pay for mounting and balancing them, it's pretty much a wash and I wanted to pay back the local shop for their great service to me and my 3 kids who have used them for various issues.

So all in all, I'm happy....as long as the 14 ply tire gives us a good ride.

Thanks guys!
TriMoot
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #19

TriMoot, Just FYI on that gas gauge. I had a Chevy van that all of the sudden had a gas gauge problem. It first started not registering more than a 1/2 tank even though I had just filled it up, then it stopped working. I took the dash panel out and found that the gauges were connected with a flexible circuit board. I took out the circuit board (It has plug in's for each gauge), I took an eraser to all of the exposed copper (the eraser removes the oxidization), then cleaned them with alcohol to remove the eraser residue, put it back together and the gauge worked fine until I sold it 3 years later. just a thought.
Don and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #20

Thanks Don and Barb, that's certainly a good idea. I used to work in the Air Force and that was one of our 1st tricks to troubleshooting HR and UHF radios. Why didn't I think of that! I'll give it a try and report back.
Tri
Old 05-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #21

Overland Owners Club
TriMoot, didn't read all the replies but my MH has a LP reset switch, if the coach loses 12v power (master switch off or dead battery) or if the sensor detects LP leak it de energizes a solenoid that allows propane to flow from the tank, the sensor will be located low (like floor level) will look somewhat like a smoke detector and will probably have a green/red LED on it
Justplanejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:39 PM   #22

Thanks Jim, I googled the problem and found a post about cleaning the starting stuff of the fridge so did that last week and it appears to work! Woohoo! One down a ton to go. ;-)
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:00 AM   #23

Overland Owners Club
Great news, congrats on the new purchase!
Justplanejim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags