Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #43
You're one of the "lucky" RVers whos troubles have started even BEFORE you got the coach!
I can't wait for the rest!

mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #44
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Happened to us on a car we ordered (6 weeks wait) When it came in, it was the wrong interior color. They admitted they made the mistake. Was not going to wait another 6 weeks. So they made a deal on another vehicle that had 2 more options than the other one we had for the same price......

Hold your ground....If I was able to live with the coach the way they ordered it, I would ask for $2500 off.....

I wonder if the Rep. would be able to speed up re-ordering a new unit.....If you went that route.....
A guy I worked with was taking delivery on a car and the dealer totaled it on the lot. It was a mid-priced car. Dealer told him to pick any car no matter what price.

lincoln30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #45
Monaco Owners Club
We had the same problem several years ago. The dealer called to say the coach we ordered had arrived. When we arrived it was not the coach we ordered in several ways. We refused delivery and got our deposit back. Not too long after that the dealer went under. We suspect he was just trying to pass off something he already had on order before we tried to purchase. Sometimes it is just better to move on when things are not going right. "Run Forest Run"
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #46
Take it as is with enough discount that in the future if you decide to remove the dinette you can. We have the dinette and love the extra storage.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #47
Furniture and flooring is changed all the time. I agree with those that suggested you give the Dealer a chance to fix it.

That said I would insist that you have right of refusal if you don't like the workmanship or quality of materials they use. Don't let them stick you by signing all the paperwork before you have inspected the changes they make.

I am having a number of changes/additions made to our new coach and the Dealer is fixing the things that are wrong (right from the floor of the factory). I've been asked to sign the paperwork three times but have refused each time. After I inspect the coach and am satisfied that it has been properly set up, repaired where necessary and the additions are done correctly, I'll sign the paperwork and close the deal.

I want to avoid leaving the dealership with an order that says they owe me an awning or an electrical repair to be installed at sometime in the future.

Good luck and have fun!

Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #48
any updates ?
jimzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #49
Funny you should ask. Our new MH was delivered yesterday. We're pretty pleased with it and our dealer. This time the configuration is as we had ordered. Unfortunately, there is a pretty big cut in the fabric of one of the chairs. The good news is the dealer had found it and brought it to our attention before we even stepped into the coach. A new chair has been ordered to replace it.

We didn't really get much special consideration for having to wait for two MHs to be built (with one exception outlined below), but I don't know that it's reasonable to expect any special consideration - a mistake was made. The dealer was apologetic, and ordered a new MH as we had requested. Of course this was done after applying some pressure to get us to take the first MH. The first MH that came had two options that we hadn't ordered - the artic pac tank heaters and an outdoor radio. The new one does have these features included as well. So, this was a win for us. I have to confess, that if these were not included, I was going to speak up about it. If they were to have been "gifts" in the first one, I did develop the expectation that they would be gifts in the second.

Some good news that was unexpected: the new MH is a 2012 model. Now this was a happy surprise. I figure that this is easily fair compensation for having to wait several more weeks for a second MH to be built. One less year of depreciation is a win in our book.

Overall, we're happy. Getting really excited about getting out and about in the new rig. There are a few minor cosmetic things that need some attention already, but I guess that this is what we've signed up for when opting to buy a MH.

By the way, the first one sold on the Monday after the Saturday we were to take delivery. The dealer was thrilled about this.

Lastly, I will try to find the right place to post it (I have seen some threads on it), I would like to learn about others' experiences with extended warranties and the companies that offer them. We bought one, but have 60 days to cancel without any consequence.

Thanks again to this community for your support. It has made a big difference in our RV experience already! Now, we hope to get to meet you along the way somewhere. We'll be easy to recognize, we'll be the ones in a new 2012 class C with stupid, permanent grins.

Konnie and Bruce
2b555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #50
Winnebago Owners Club
YEA!!!! Glad all has worked out for you. 2012 pretty cool upgrade, worth more than a upgraded sink, appliance, ect, ect. in my opinion. The weather is changing for the better & its time to get out of the house & play & explore. Have fun with your new RV.
Dan Sees, Full Timing in the MH & Part timing in a S&B In Hampstead, NC
2013 Winnebago Journey 42e, 2014 Featherlite Car Hauler 3110 17.5', 2008 Mazda MX5,
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #51
Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats !

Nice to hear a happy ending !

Lou & Cheri - Pilot & Copilot
Aly & Susi - Miniature Schnauzer Navigator & Bombadier
1995 Fleetwood Flair 27 - CG-1 Bomber
Peacekeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #52
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Good to hear that there was a happy ending, and, more importantly, you are satisfied..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #53
As to the extended warranty--be sure and read it completely, be aware of what is NOT covered, be sure about what you have to do record-wise to adhere to the maintainance requirements. Lastly, would check on internet as to satisfaction rating of others with same warranty company.
Many of the warranties require annual appliance checkups to keep the warranty on them--the usual 1-hour minimum service charge will add up over the years just to keep the warranty in force.
Who is the warranty with?
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites
'10 F450 new to me
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #54
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2012! Wow, it seems really early in the year for a 2012. What brand RV Is it?

offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote