Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #1

New RV owner

I have two issues I would like to discuss. 1st I just purchased a 2001 fleetwood bounder 34D and have started a trip from seattle to Florida and back to Alaska. We, that is my wife and I, have noticed in the owners manual there are two places to fill your water supply. The first one and most obvious to me is where you hook up to water when spending the night at an rv park that provides full service. The second location is next to the entrance door of the rv. For some reason, even after being hooked up all night I do not have any water in the tank. Today was discovery day and I tried to fill the tank from the second location and achieved instant sucess. So why does the water holding tank not fill when using the hookup location?

My second question is: Where can I puchase replacement decals for the 2001 bounder? I have read that I may be out of luck, but I can alway hope one of you out there has an answer.

Gary

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #2

Hi Gary, On your first question, when you hook up to the city water connection, there should be a valve you turn to fill the tank, or turn it the other way to direct the water to the faucets. When you fill the tank by using the city water connection, make sure you open the gravity fill cap to let out any air and allow water to escape when the tank is fill.

On your second question I would imagine any paint automotive shop could paint them.

And Welcome to this forum!

Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #3

New RV owner

I also have a Bounder 34D. There are actually three ways you fill the fresh water tank. The filler door and cap on the outside drivers side of the RV, the city water hookup as you mentioned, and you forgot the the city water to fresh tank valve. The tank doesn't just fill by itself. You have to turn on the valve located under the your kitchen sink. But my Bounder and Tioga are the same. I can't remember where in the Bounder the valve is because my Bounder has been in storage for quite a while. I am guessing it is under the kitchen sink near the floor as you open the cabinets under the sink. One other possibility is, the city water pipes are close to where you hook up the sewer hose. So if you open the side door to expose the holding tank valves, you might see the valve there that allows you to fill the fresh water. In Anycase you will know when you turn the right valve on, because you will hear water running, but won't be able to see any running water. Make sure you monitor the tank level and shut the valve off when the fresh water is full. Don't forget to close the discharge valve located outside on the drivers side. Otherwise the water will drain out as fast as you fill it.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:54 PM   #4

Is this post serious? It is your first post, you just bought your 14 year old motorhome, you don't know how to add water, and you are headed off for an 18,000 mile trip. Just to add water you need to know -

1. Where you put it in.
2. You need a drinking water hose. These are the white ones not the ones you water the roses with.
3. You should get a filter to take out problems before you ingest them. I would suggest a canister combo sediment /charcoal filter.
4. You need a pressure regulator to make sure no more than 45lbs if pressure goes into your coach that is 14 years old. You need a good one that actually works not a cheap Chinese one. I suggest a Watts, made in USA that works.

That is just to add water.

To go on an 18,000 mile trip you need to know what you are doing. The roads to Alaska can get very rough and can cause problems with an RV. Not that thousands have not made it.

IMHO Bounders are great gasser motorhomes and they also made some diesels. I have lots of friends with them.

I also suggest getting a roadside assist membership if you have a breakdown and need a tow. And a rabbits foot.

I am not being negative I am trying to save you aggravation. I would suggest very strongly you take a few baby steps before taking such a huge trip.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by glselk View Post
I have two issues I would like to discuss. 1st I just purchased a 2001 fleetwood bounder 34D and have started a trip from seattle to Florida and back to Alaska. We, that is my wife and I, have noticed in the owners manual there are two places to fill your water supply. The first one and most obvious to me is where you hook up to water when spending the night at an rv park that provides full service. The second location is next to the entrance door of the rv. For some reason, even after being hooked up all night I do not have any water in the tank. Today was discovery day and I tried to fill the tank from the second location and achieved instant sucess. So why does the water holding tank not fill when using the hookup location?

My second question is: Where can I puchase replacement decals for the 2001 bounder? I have read that I may be out of luck, but I can alway hope one of you out there has an answer.

Gary

Hi Gary! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! It takes a while to learn all the systems on a new-to-you motorhome. Just take it one thing at a time and don't let it get you frustrated! Hopefully the posts above have answered your immediate questions. There are lots of great folks on IRV2 that will be happy to help with other questions! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote