Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2016, 09:05 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
The compass app on an iPhone has a bubble level built in. I suspect an Android phone also has this feature.

A glass of water works, too.

This $140 device is a complete waste of money, but you know what Barnum said...
To sell a iPhone all you have to do is change the color of the case???
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2016, 09:37 PM   #30

RVgeeks unknowingly told you how to level your RV without buying anything. Use that bathroom door to level your RV, and you never have to worry about running into it during the night.
FWIW, I think rvgeeks get money from reviewing a product, plus make money every time you view their videos. Makes for a very objective product review.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:38 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
I can see the remote capabilities and the display of how many inches of lift are required for a trailer leveling with blocks but it is a $140 tech toy for a motorhome with a hydraulic leveling system. Sorry RVGeeks but this one appears to be a "We got it free so now we owe them a positive video review." scenario.

I have one of the many free spirit level apps on my iPad and iPhone and simply lay one of the devices on the floor beside the driver chair for an accurate and easy to read display of how level the coach is when parking.

The display of horizontal and vertical degrees makes is easy to get as level as you want and you soon learn the relationship of many degrees off your coach can comfortably handle when you are assigned a sloped campsite.

Free is better but free and effective is lots better.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like a $140 solution to a non problem.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New way to check leveling device

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssignor View Post
Has anyone used this? New video by The RVGeeks

ssignor,

I believe your question was if anyone had used the device, not if there was a cheaper alternative, so I'll address your question.

I'm sure you're already aware that there are less expensive ways to check the level of your RV. None as convenient as the LevelMate Pro though, IMO. I have an auto level system and it has never been spot on all the time. At least 50% of the time I find that I need to manually fine tune my leveling to get it where I am comfortable. I have had my system calibrated twice...mine is as good as it's going to get.

Ever pull into a site that "appears" to be somewhat level, only to find that you need blocks to level out? The beauty about the LevelMate is that you can see how level a site is without unbuckling your seatbelt.

Ever been sitting outside under your awning or visiting in your neighbor's campsite, wondering if it's time to close your door and turn on your A/C? Without putting your beer down, you can check the inside temp on your phone with the LevelMate Pro.

A bubble level is ok, but the LevelMate Pro goes much further and is a lot of fun to use, especially if you're a gadget guy like me.

Gadget Man

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:47 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Came back for another look. Funny some RV geek(that's a positive) has not written a small app to go with the level app's on the smart phones that would calibrate to your wheel bases so you can see the inch's of blocks needed where.

LEN
Old 09-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #35

On the Levelmate Pro you do enter the wheelbase and it tells you how many inches you need. Mine shows down to .25" so far.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FWIW, the manufacturer of the LeveMate Pro sold out his entire inventory shortly after the RV Geeks video aired on YouTube.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Man View Post
FWIW, the manufacturer of the LeveMate Pro sold out his entire inventory shortly after the RV Geeks video aired on YouTube.

I saw that on their site. Good for them. Bad for me as I was going to order one.
ssignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:08 PM   #38

Sounds like 'ol PT Barnum was right.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:17 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
On the Levelmate Pro you do enter the wheelbase and it tells you how many inches you need. Mine shows down to .25" so far.
And i can look at the bubble level, mounted right there by my driver's seat, and tell how far the rig is off. Just can't see how this device would ever be of any use me.

I wouldn't call anyone who bought it, a sucker. This is just another electronic device that people justify buying for themselves. Do they need it? Probably not. But like so many electronic gizmos out there, it's fun to play with.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Man View Post

You have GOT to be kidding me! Barnum was definitely right. A sucker is indeed born every minute. $140 to buy something you can get for free? Unbelievable.

The dumbing down of America continues. Very sad.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New way to check leveling device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
You have GOT to be kidding me! Barnum was definitely right. A sucker is indeed born every minute. $140 to buy something you can get for free? Unbelievable.

The dumbing down of America continues. Very sad.

No, what is sad are the rude remarks posted in this thread. NONE of them helped to answer the OP's question.

If your free bubble level can tell you from the driver's seat how level the ends of each axle are, and whether or not you're going to need blocks to level out, then good for you (it doesn't exist). Why insult members who choose to use technology to do it better? You don't like the idea, keep your free bubble!

Old 09-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
And i can look at the bubble level, mounted right there by my driver's seat, and tell how far the rig is off. Just can't see how this device would ever be of any use me.

I wouldn't call anyone who bought it, a sucker. This is just another electronic device that people justify buying for themselves. Do they need it? Probably not. But like so many electronic gizmos out there, it's fun to play with.
Pretty good level you have that can tell you it can tell you exactly how many inches of blocks you need under each wheel THE FIRST TIME. I guess you have a lot of experience with it in your 14 year old rig, mines only 14 months and I want to enjoy it not level it for an hour.
Just jealous there are none left in stock I guess.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling