Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #1

Newbie looking for full-time coach.

Hi, I'm from San Diego, recently retired, and the wife and I have been thinking about the possibility of buying a motorhome and going full-time. The only camping we've ever done is tent camping. The question I have is what are the qualities that constitute a full-time coach? I think I read in another thread that Newmar didn't consider their Canyon Star to be a full time coach, and that's available, I think, in a 39' variation. I guess I'm asking what are some of the must have items that would make it a full time coach (for instance, I imagine that a larger capacity water heater would be one)? Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the group! You would get better results if you posted this question over in the motorhome area of the forum, but there is a rule against posting the same question in two different areas. Maybe a Moderator will move this for you. Good luck on finding the best coach for your needs! God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome! As Joe suggested, I have moved your thread to the motorhome discussion area for more visibility. I believe that any motorhome could be used for full timing, though some are definitely more suited to the purpose. First and foremost, make sure there is sufficient storage and that the living areas will work for you. Good luck!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum.
This is from rv.org which is a company that rates RV's of all types. If you are not familiar with class A's or MH's in general, it might be worth your while to subscribe to their database. It will cost you $150 but in my opinion, it is well worth it. Certainly worked for us.
This document will at least answer your questions regarding how they are rated.
Good luck in your search.
RV Consumer Group - We Rate RVs
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MH Rating.pdf (33.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #5

Thanks, guys. The RV rating site is a good suggestion. I can see that I have a lot of research to do before going forward. What a neat site iRV2 is.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #6

It's not really about the trip, it's getting there that is the most fun.
Enjoy your retirement.

Tags