Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Question Newbie needs to dump but can't!

Hi All,
Our Class C Four Winds Siesta is 6 weeks old and we want to dump before storing for the cold Cleveland winter, but imagine our surprise this morning when we went to the dump station, pulled out all the hoses and found that the hole to run the hose out did not match up to the angle of the waste water drain pipe! Our hose, would not/could not fit and I then recalled seeing a post about this topic months ago when we were first considering the Four Winds. Has anyone else had this problem or should I go back to the dealer for some help? Thanks in advance for your input!

Blynne
blynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
If it was me, I'd let the dealer straighten out the connections. After all you paid them a good deal of money so they should accommodate you.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #3

The termination end on the waste system actually pivots so you can move it to line up with the hole in the compartment. I had owned a motorhome for some time before I figured that out. Just grab the bottom & pull or push & it will move.

Steve O
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It could be worse (Ziggy a few weeks ago had that theme)

I pulled out of a Moose Lodge yesterday afternoon with one tank full and I mean full (Front gray) one near full (Black) and one about over 2/3 full (Rear gray) and the flying J the hole in the ground where you dump is HIGHER than the outlets on the RV.

However.. This was not all that big a problem for me as one of the "Toys" I got on the day of delivery was a lovely Flo-Jet macerator.. I have since added the needed wire to the house so I can plug it in instead of trying to find a connection point.

Plugged it in and pumped up.. Finished with a fresh water feed to the pump to purge it and the hose.. No muss. No fuss and No bother.. Took a bit longer than normal.. but man did it work well.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
paz

I'd go back to the dealer. I can see a dealer glossing over the dumping procedure for a seasoned RVer, but since you state you are a newbie, the dealer should have taken the time to explain this very important task. If he had, he would have noticed the alignment problem and recommended the proper connectors to take care if it.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would try the suggestion on pivoting the outlet fitting by Steve. If that did not fix the problem, by all means let the dealer handle it, thats what you pay the big bucks for.

John, I too carry a portable Flo=Jet macerator, I have used it to dump into my own sewer cleanout a few times at home, and just last month did the same at my little sis's house in Oklahoma. Works great.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
It could be worse (Ziggy a few weeks ago had that theme)

I pulled out of a Moose Lodge yesterday afternoon with one tank full and I mean full (Front gray) one near full (Black) and one about over 2/3 full (Rear gray) and the flying J the hole in the ground where you dump is HIGHER than the outlets on the RV.

However.. This was not all that big a problem for me as one of the "Toys" I got on the day of delivery was a lovely Flo-Jet macerator.. I have since added the needed wire to the house so I can plug it in instead of trying to find a connection point.

Plugged it in and pumped up.. Finished with a fresh water feed to the pump to purge it and the hose.. No muss. No fuss and No bother.. Took a bit longer than normal.. but man did it work well.
You plug it in to your house? Does it operate on house current??
Old 11-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Wow! Thanks for all the input. Steve O, a special shout out to you...You were right! Although we had considered it might rotate, we were a bit shy about pushing too hard considering what was behind it..;-) But a good push and it moved into alignment! Phew!
Hmmmm...Now that I know how helpful you all are, can you tell us where to find an RV wash near Cleveland, Ohio?
blynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #9

Try Blue Beacon Truck wash. There is one down just west of Akron. There are two others in the area also. Look them up on line & you can get an idea of their services.

Detailed Information

Lodi
Blue Beacon Truck Wash #30
8859 Lake Road
Seville, OH 44273
I-71, I-76, U.S. 224
By TA
P: 330-769-4331

Lat: 41.032288
Long: -81.906166

Good luck & Safe travels
Steve O
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
...the flying J the hole in the ground where you dump is HIGHER than the outlets on the RV...

Coming here to TX, we used a Flying J dump for the first time. My dump valves were only about 2" above the dump hole. Is this common? Did make me decide that a macerator would be a great thing to have.... also I had pulled in behind a big 5th who took a long time to dump (also got LP while dumping). I gave up waiting on him since I was blocking traffic (RV island was in a bad location in my opinion). Dumped the next morning. While I have only 18 gal tanks, our next RV will have much, much larger. I dislike spending too much time at a dump station (other folks need it too).
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote