Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #1

Newmar Ventana LE problems

Oh how I could write a book here but wont We have had our coach less then a year. Way to many problems to list right now here is our latest. While driving yesterday we hit some wind and rain when all of a sudden we hear a noise and banging my husband pulled over. Climbing on thr roof he sees the whole awning has ripped off and is on the roof banging around. He tied it down best he could. So here we are at a RV park waiting for Newmar to call us back to see if they can send someone out or what to do. Totally ruined this vacation we are suppose to be meeting someone tomorrow for camping. When we went to buy our Motorhome we were going to get a Tiffin but ended up with the Newmar. Big mistake Huge. We are scheduled to be at the Newmar plant in August for repairs. Which we live no where near by the way but my husband wanted them to see all the problems. Our floors have huge cracks, our heater has gone out, our levelers just go down when driving oh so many problems. I am beyond frustrated.
Terri Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #2

I owned a Newmar for 3 years with only minor problems Newmar is a great company with first class people they will make everything right
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #3

[moderator edit]
Our 2014 Ventana has not been without issues - full wall slide needed a new controller / motor, microwave crapped out twice, dash a/c quit, a few other minor issues. Newmar has been great to deal with on warranty issues. They paid for mobile mechanics to repair the slide, and replace the Microwaves. We visited the plant towards the end of our warranty period with a list of ( 12 ) items. They fixed them all without argument, and found a couple of more items they repaired as well.
Long & Short ? Every new coach will have issues. What counts is getting them fixed quickly and properly - Newmar did that without a doubt.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #4

I have a 2015 model and am very frustrated with my coach. All 4 slides failed different times, Meltdown on Auto transfer switch, Door hardware failure, sewage leaks, etc.
Customer service hasn't been real impressive. I have not found the same love that the other folks talk about. They rarely answer e mails....But the biggest frustation has been my dealer. Don't go to New Jersey if you actually want repairs done correctly. Its under warranty and i have repaired just about everything myself, have been waiting for 3 months to collect simple warranty money from Newmar (filed the claim properly)
I have had 4 MH in last 15 years (last one Winnebago Journey 2008) and this thing shakes, rattles, air leaks, and squeals while going down the road like nothing I have ever experienced! All this in 1st 6 months
Doubtful if I would ever buy another.
jkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkline View Post
I have a 2015 model and am very frustrated with my coach. All 4 slides failed different times, Meltdown on Auto transfer switch, Door hardware failure, sewage leaks, etc.
Customer service hasn't been real impressive. I have not found the same love that the other folks talk about. They rarely answer e mails....But the biggest frustation has been my dealer. Don't go to New Jersey if you actually want repairs done correctly. Its under warranty and i have repaired just about everything myself, have been waiting for 3 months to collect simple warranty money from Newmar (filed the claim properly)
I have had 4 MH in last 15 years (last one Winnebago Journey 2008) and this thing shakes, rattles, air leaks, and squeals while going down the road like nothing I have ever experienced! All this in 1st 6 months
Doubtful if I would ever buy another.
Not to minimize the problems you are experiencing, but why on earth don't you just schedule an appt. at Newmar plant, make an extensive list, and have them fixed under warranty ? You are 1 1/2 days drive away ?
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry to hear about your Newmar. Very happy with mine although it's far from new. It's also my pet peeve to add extra straps to any awning as have seen and heard too many stories about them flying away when traveling down the highway.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've had two Newmars and probably should have bought a third rather than the CC we did buy. Owned the last one for 13 years and it was the best rig we've ever had and I've been RV'ing since 1957.
Awnings being ripped off by the wind is nothing new and not confined to Newmars! Also, it's not a warranty item unless Newmar does a good will repair. Turn it in to your insurance company.
BTW: straps around the arms do nothing to stop the awning from unfurling, a strap or positive stop to keep the roller from turning is the only positive cure.
And yes, my testimony re unfurling awnings has been cited in court in a wrongful death suit.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:55 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Though one of the better companies, Newmar doesn't seem to be immune to the problem of inconsistent quality that plagues the RV industry. Tiffin is no different - they have as many problem escapes as any other, but they do a good job of making their customers happy about the repairs.

I have to say, though, that RV awnings can get blown away, regardless of who installed them. They aren't 100% free from wind damage while driving down the highway, so I doubt if this most recent problem of the Emmons is actually Newmar's fault.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:24 PM   #9

We went to Newmar. The big wigs said oh we want to earn back your trust in Newmar. They did fix all 30 some problems and some they found we didnt even know about. The Newmar service department guys were very nice. We had a few problems after we left there i callled Newmar. They were still not willing to give us a new RV. I am not a huge fan of Newmar at this point.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Terri:
Why do you think Newmar "owes" you a new rig? You need to give us more info on the problems before we can give you any opinions.
A torn off awning isn't even a warranty issue.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #11

Well

Let me see we had to get a new floor they used the wrong screws and they started coming through the flooring. Our furnace and heat pump went out at the same time. We had a leak from the refrig onto the floor their fault something didnt get hooked up right. . We had a leak into the bays under neath or that was their fault to. Our water got to hot in shower whops their fault to. Yes awning flew off while driving lucky no one behind us was hurt. Molding inside fell off and a piece outside fell off. Stapes in walls showed through. Switching box for recorder didnt work. Oh switch for awing over door didnt work. Saw dust in walls that kept coming out onto the floor. They said that was their fault it wasent cleaned before wall went up. We had to get a new table. Thats what i remember right iff the top of my head. Plus the fact we had to have slides fixed. One side was missing a support bar. 39 things were fixed when we were there. Sad sad
Old 11-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #12

Agree, buy used. The Original Owner gets to fix the Factory failures for the next owner.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #13

Well to schedule an appointment at Newmar may be an option for many or at least for you....but I am a business owner who is still working full time....so for me to take my precious vacation to the Newmar plant for a week is pretty difficult.....and why should I have to do that?
A motorhome is only as good as the dealer you buy it from and the factory support you get. In my case I haven't felt the love from either. I'm not the one that normally complains much, (as you can see this only second post ever) but this coach (my 4th) Is much less quality than I had hoped for. Maybe in a couple years I will be in different frame of mind....but for now, very unhappy with it.
jkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkline View Post
Well to schedule an appointment at Newmar may be an option for many or at least for you....but I am a business owner who is still working full time....so for me to take my precious vacation to the Newmar plant for a week is pretty difficult.....and why should I have to do that?
A motorhome is only as good as the dealer you buy it from and the factory support you get. In my case I haven't felt the love from either. I'm not the one that normally complains much, (as you can see this only second post ever) but this coach (my 4th) Is much less quality than I had hoped for. Maybe in a couple years I will be in different frame of mind....but for now, very unhappy with it.
What 2015 model coach do you have?
FWIW, I agree we should not need to return these coaches to the factory at our expense to get things fixed, but alas that seems to be our best hope that the problems will be corrected. From what I've read in both the Newmar and Entegra forums, a coach must be a high end model with MAJOR problems before a coach builder will bring it back on their dime for repairs. Apparently they insist they only provide a warranty, and warranty means they are legally obligated to repair, not replace, a defective product.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, vent