Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No Dash heat grrrr and more aggravation.

LOL All systems fail......

Dash heat stopped working on my f53. It did work a few weeks ago but now it's the second time I have used it on a brand new coach and it quit.
To rub salt in the wound Mr Murphy waved his magic wand and the breaker on the generator that controls the receptacles and the heat pump is toast. It will not click on or off and is completely shot. Talk about quality... It has been two days of temps in the 30's and rain and wind, so I had to bundle up in layers to keep warm. I was stopping every hour to run the heat pump up until the breaker went. Now I have to leave the furnace on and burn the propane. Temp goes down to about 50 in a half hour with no heat
No ford dealer in miles.. I have the poi in the gps so I have been looking. Onan service tomorrow in Kearney Nebraska so I will get the breaker. I am hoping I can get some help at Omaha if there is a ford dealer there and they will take a look for me.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2011, 03:43 AM   #2

I don't know for sure, but I think the dash heater is supplied by the coach builder, not the chassis builder. I would be looking for an Allegro warrenty center. Have you checked all of your 12V fuses, might be an easy fix.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fuses are good. Fan cranks up.
I better call Tiffin and check if I have to go to a dealer then. I found one in Omaha ( I will be there this afternoon ) so maybe they can help.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Heater was a matter of reattaching the cable to the lever on the heat exchanger..I got ahold of the manufacturer and they told me where the access panel was - which was the kick panel on passenger side.
Cummins fixed the breaker... warranty item and it took them 4 hours to get to me to do the 10 minute swap. I would have done it myself except they wanted to do it for warranty. I should have just paid the 29 bucks and saved myself the 4 hours lol
OH well now that is over.. life is good again ......
Old 09-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #5

Well glad every thing was fixed in short order, and realatively little PITA, and $$$. Noe you are rolling again, and just like the me waiting for the next thing to quit or break. Aint motor homes fun.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcamper View Post
Heater was a matter of reattaching the cable to the lever on the heat exchanger..I got ahold of the manufacturer and they told me where the access panel was - which was the kick panel on passenger side.
Cummins fixed the breaker... warranty item and it took them 4 hours to get to me to do the 10 minute swap. I would have done it myself except they wanted to do it for warranty. I should have just paid the 29 bucks and saved myself the 4 hours lol
OH well now that is over.. life is good again ......
Thanks for letting us know the fix so we can pass it on to others who may experience the same problem.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #7

2001 Winnebago Journey heating core is leaking. I found the manufactor and the heating device which Winnebago installed in each MH. The company is out of business. (as of 2010, Webpage is active but the phone numbers are not operating.)

Is a replacement ? The heating coil/ AC that is associated with the dash heating AC system. The FreightLiner chassis did not provide the heating/AC device.

I by-passed the core or element or whatever. I have the fluid flowing as I did not know what a plugged the cooling engine system would impact the engine cooling system.

Also I found a thread that a person replaced this device which detailed some suggestions. THe Winnebago front panel which flops for access to the heating device.

But this thread was provided in 2004 (?)

Thanks for help with this situation. I need help I visited RV service company's have do not provide this service.

Cold in Wyoming.

Casper, Wyoming does not have a dealer at this time.

I need assistance.
JJJJorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #8

[QUOTE=JJJJorge;962507]2001 Winnebago Journey heating core is leaking. I found the manufactor and the heating device which Winnebago installed in each MH. The company is out of business. (as of 2010, Webpage is active but the phone numbers are not operating.)

Is a replacement ? The heating coil/ AC that is associated with the dash heating AC system. The FreightLiner chassis did not provide the heating/AC device.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it's just the core that's leaking, try to find a local radiator rebuilder.

They should be able to either fix the one you have, or replace the core with a new unit and get you back on the road fairly quickly.

Lane
Photo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Last two radiator repairs for my tractors were cheaper to replace the core at half the price of a new one worked better than original. Takes a few days though.

And shouldnt the thread title be "No dash heat burr..."

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #11

Talking

[QUOTE=JJJJorge;962507]2001 Winnebago Journey heating core is leaking.

I by-passed the core or element or whatever. I have the fluid flowing as I did not know what a plugged the cooling engine system would impact the engine cooling system.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I got the bill from Cummins. All is listed credit as it's under warranty so my out of pocket cost is 0 but they sent me the bill listing labor and parts.
.3 hours labor to replace breaker for 168 bucks. 29 bucks for a breaker...

The .3 mind you includes the tech going in and out of the shop three times because he had the wrong size wrenches.....
Old 09-28-2011, 03:13 AM   #13

Found a Heat core @ Winnebagoparts.com I received the part quickly. The directions that have been posted are helping.

Tags
dash