Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #1

No heat or A/C from dash heater system

I have a 2005 Triple E Class A Commander 35' It is a "new to me" unit and so am having difficulties with the "hot & cold" system from the dash. I have had several repair folks looking at the system and the only hint I get is that there is a "ground" problem to the system. (?) I have heard of others having a similar problem but no one has had the problem rectified.
Anyone else had this type of problem?
Oh yes; it is a Workhorse system with the GM 8.1 V-8 and a Banks Power pack. Mileage on the unit is approximately 40,000 Allison trans.
Engine & trans work great coming up to full operating temp properly.
Walley World is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 12:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley World View Post
I have a 2005 Triple E Class A Commander 35' It is a "new to me" unit and so am having difficulties with the "hot & cold" system from the dash. I have had several repair folks looking at the system and the only hint I get is that there is a "ground" problem to the system. (?) I have heard of others having a similar problem but no one has had the problem rectified.
Walley World
A "ground problem" would only affect the blower/fan motor.

Are you saying that your blower motor does not blow when either the dash heat or the dash air conditioning is on?

OR are you saying your blower motor blows but the air it is blowing is neither hot when the heater control is set to hot... or cold when the control is set to cold?

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Check the mixer valve - under the hood on the passenger side.
Don't open it as you will never get it back together. Check the power to it first.
If you need a new one try Evans Tempcon, Inc
I had to replace 1 in my commander and had the same setup in my Empress. It is a pain as 1/8 inch adjustment can go from cold to hot.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #4

Can you please describe the "difficulties". It's rather difficult to diagnose an illness without a description of the symptoms.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #5

Making an assumption (by me) because it's summer...if your A/C is functioning, meaning the pipes are sweating under the hood...but no cool air coming out of your dash vents?

It's very possibly your water control valve.

The simple inexpensive fix for that...

Go to Menards and pick up a couple of 1/2 inch ball valves with the shut off handle ($5 ea.) Install those in each of the water lines leading to your heater. When the valves are closed the flow of hot water will stop and allow your A/C to do it's job even if you have a poorly functioning 'blend door'.

When fall / winter return, open both valves and your heat is back on!

Good Luck!
FlatsixV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:36 AM   #6

Is it blowing out the defroster? If so there's a vacuum leak in the system , as it fails to the defrost setting.

Tags
dash, heat, heater