Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi pegharris,
No fair Peg. One needs to let us know what the problem is. This is the way we learn from each other. What was the solution to the problem.

I wrote out a real detailed answer on the problem but i am clearly doing something wrong since it never posted. I want to play fair and appreciate everyone here. The problem was two things. The 4 month only batteries were completely dead so those had to be replaced. The main switch we think has a short in it which caused the batteries to drain to nothing. So we ended up replacing the batteries and will have the short fixed for the future.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Hi pegharris,
Thank you for the update. My continuing concern is there seems to be a drain on the batteries that has not been corrected. For me, I'd make this a top priority. The new batteries can be ruined very quickly if allowed to discharge below 50% (12.0 VDC on a meter) repeatedly or for a very long time.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
One thing I have noticed is that women have their duties INSIDE the RV and men have their duties OUTSIDE the RV. Since I am a solo traveler (except for the dogs who refuse to help) I have to do both duties just like pegharris. Sometimes these RVs can be challenging! Last month I was packing up to leave a campground and I found several things I could not do by myself. When I had to ask for help I was told (by a male) that I needed to "find a husband". As it was, I ended up calling on another female friend whose hands worked when mine would not. When I was hooking up my tow car another female friend came over to help me so I could get out of the road quicker. It isn't necessarily finding a MALE to help, sometimes we just need a helping hand from a friend.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Barbara, the so-called "man" needs his hinnie kicked. My ID says it all. There are too many good women out there to get into contests with. Ed
Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I have a great husband that helps women or men,, he doesn't wait to be asked, he just pitches in. When we were at the Cut n Shoot rally, he walked over to give a helping hand, and another person said "your husband is over there helping ....." and I stated , yes that is how he is. Actually he was helping but also getting some pointers from someone that has been there, done that also. However, I am not afraid to take off on my own, but if I need help, and no one around to 'volunteer' , sometimes I get better info over the phone with my brother, son, or husband if he is not with me.. Speaking of a 'volunteer', when I drove into the campground that day, without my husband, the 'man' that showed me where to park, got off the cart, showed me the water faucet, the electric hookup, and guided me to make sure that I was close to all facilities, and he drove off without asking if I needed a helping hand.. There are men, and there are gentlemen.. each chooses which category they want to be in.
Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I think he was helping ME at that time! All help is gratefully appreciated. I know how to do just about everything but sometimes I just am not physically able to do some of it. My biggest problem is with water hoses - connecting and disconnecting them. Right now I have had a short water hose connected to my motorhome for several months and I can't get it off. I have been able to park close enough to the faucet so I haven't had to disconnect it or add another hose. A nice strong man put it on for me and tightened it so it wouldn't leak. Three people have tried to get it off and so far no luck. Oh well, I make do with what I have and will correct it at some time in the future.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Me n Slowpoke,
For me, there is a third category. There are males, men and gentlemen. I agree with you that each categorizes himself by his actions.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Barbara S.,
Vice grips (with the right jaws that have teeth and kind of wrap around) or channel lock pliers should get the hose off. That's what me with skinny arms and no upper body strength uses.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Barbara,
It wasn't Floyd that put that hose on was it????? He has a habit of 'snuggin' things to the point of breaking or like you say can't get it off later.. I knew it was you but didn't want to name names.. and he went on and on about things that you have upgraded to make your life easier and you do know we are nubies at camping ,,, but he is hooked now.. he is already making plans to full time.. in the future of course..
Have a great day!

Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Me n Slowpoke,
For me, there is a third category. There are males, men and gentlemen. I agree with you that each categorizes himself by his actions.
Gary,
that could go for both genders,,, as there are females, ladies and women, and we are also judged by our actions and sometimes "we" (both genders) are judged without any action.
Helen N Floyd

Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
This was a fun thread..Thanx for the entertainment..Oh Peg please post what it was.
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Nope You all are mising it. Don't need a man just a hammer! I too am currious what the issue was.

Thanks,
D
Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegharris View Post
Hi I wondered if anyone would know WHY i can't get any power in my coach. Odd is the Microwave works and so does the steps but all interior lights are DEAD. Have it plugged in so what could cause this? New batteries too. Sorry i am so stupid but i have owned this Sea View a year and everytime i go to use it something major won't work. Help me so i don't give up on this RVing
just ran across this post. I also have a Sea View motorhome so need to add some thoughts. you stated that you had coach plugged in on electric---for how long? water will evaporate from batteries over time from the converters constant charging. been there---done that.
the control panel inside entry door---- be sure to flip switch off when RV is not in use (red lite will be off) when not plugged into electric unless you still have refrigerator operating. the propane detector, tv antenna booster & a few other items will discharge batteries in days.
also, check that circuit breakers have not tripped---should be in small door along floor. mine has 6 breakers I think---3 electric plugs, 2 air cond.
& 1 microwave.
everyone who replied to you were very helpful, that's what we are here for. and I'll add 1 more thing---also post your problems in the National RV forum, these people have lots of knowledge on National producs.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #28

Now is the time to do what men do. Read the instruction book that came with your rig!!!!!

ralper is offline   Reply With Quote