Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2015, 01:35 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
No power from battery

No noting from battery.
__________________

__________________
Prpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 04:36 AM   #2
Member
 
lfdeluca2's Avatar
 
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Full-Timer SD
Posts: 99
Which battery? House or chassis?
__________________

__________________
lfdeluca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:57 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
Engine compartment won't start no lights noting 75 dodge 360 engine starter turns over with screwdriver but no spark just purchased in January was parked for number of years
__________________
Prpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
FIRE UP's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prpete View Post
Engine compartment won't start no lights noting 75 dodge 360 engine starter turns over with screwdriver but no spark just purchased in January was parked for number of years
Prpete,
A word of advice here. When asking a question on here or, any other RV forum, it would be nice if you listed the make/model/year/ of your coach, the engine/trans too would be nice to know too. There are some on here that maybe used to have the same coach as you're presently having problem with and, may be able to help you. But, if there's no pertinent information, all we can do is guess.

And if you worded your question with a tad more detail such as: "......Year.....Make....model.....engine and, just acquired this coach a month or more ago and, the engine won't start. Also I've got no lights, no... no...... etc.

You see, then it narrows it down for folks that are more adept at answering your issues. All this is not meant to chastise you, it just helps us, help you. And, if you go into your preferences, you can fill out a signature with all that pertinent information. Then, each and every time you post a question on your rig, your signature will appear at the bottom of your post with that info on it, and no one will have to guess what you're driving.
Scott
__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #5
Member
 
lfdeluca2's Avatar
 
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Full-Timer SD
Posts: 99
Wow! I think the very first thing that I would be doing is checking all of the wiring for rodent damage. If that rig has been sitting for a number of years you may have a big project on your hands.
__________________
lfdeluca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
dennis45's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BC
Posts: 6,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Prpete,
A word of advice here. When asking a question on here or, any other RV forum, it would be nice if you listed the make/model/year/ of your coach, the engine/trans too would be nice to know too. There are some on here that maybe used to have the same coach as you're presently having problem with and, may be able to help you. But, if there's no pertinent information, all we can do is guess.

And if you worded your question with a tad more detail such as: "......Year.....Make....model.....engine and, just acquired this coach a month or more ago and, the engine won't start. Also I've got no lights, no... no...... etc.

You see, then it narrows it down for folks that are more adept at answering your issues. All this is not meant to chastise you, it just helps us, help you. And, if you go into your preferences, you can fill out a signature with all that pertinent information. Then, each and every time you post a question on your rig, your signature will appear at the bottom of your post with that info on it, and no one will have to guess what you're driving.
Scott
YES
__________________
Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 608
Is their by chance a battery disconnect switch on the engine battery?

Obviously it is not on the starter cable but may be on the other loads.


Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
__________________
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,981
If it has been sitting a long time the battery is probably dead and most likely toast. Measure the voltage and then try using a shop charger to bring it up. Good luck.
__________________
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Murf2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prpete View Post
75 dodge 360 engine starter turns over with screwdriver but no spark


Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
If it has been sitting a long time the battery is probably dead and most likely toast. Measure the voltage and then try using a shop charger to bring it up. Good luck.

Hmmmmmmm, details, details, details, they count.
__________________
Ted 'n' Laurie, plus Jackson (aka Deputy Dog, the Parson Russell Terrier 'fur kid') and, Rylie (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge June 14, 2012).
Murf2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:51 PM   #10
Member
 
lfdeluca2's Avatar
 
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Full-Timer SD
Posts: 99
If it cranked then there had to be some charge on the battery. That said hooking it upto a charger is a good idea. The no spark is what would have mee looking for broken or gnawed wires. Just a thought.
__________________
lfdeluca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Prpete,
A word of advice here. When asking a question on here or, any other RV forum, it would be nice if you listed the make/model/year/ of your coach, the engine/trans too would be nice to know too. There are some on here that maybe used to have the same coach as you're presently having problem with and, may be able to help you. But, if there's no pertinent information, all we can do is guess.

And if you worded your question with a tad more detail such as: "......Year.....Make....model.....engine and, just acquired this coach a month or more ago and, the engine won't start. Also I've got no lights, no... no...... etc.

You see, then it narrows it down for folks that are more adept at answering your issues. All this is not meant to chastise you, it just helps us, help you. And, if you go into your preferences, you can fill out a signature with all that pertinent information. Then, each and every time you post a question on your rig, your signature will appear at the bottom of your post with that info on it, and no one will have to guess what you're driving.
Scott
.
I don't know if this is the right way to reply Fire up thanks for info all I know and am learning more is it is a 1975 Dodge Coachman Leprechaun series it is 24ft it's automatic with a 360 engine that so far is all the info I have Thank you very much I am trying to learn more
__________________
Prpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:39 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
No power

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdeluca2 View Post
Wow! I think the very first thing that I would be doing is checking all of the wiring for rodent damage. If that rig has been sitting for a number of years you may have a big project on your hands.
I am checking all the electrical parts and wires for as long as it sat it's in very good condition no signs of rodents a few ants that's all thank you
__________________
Prpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
No power

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggs68 View Post
Is their by chance a battery disconnect switch on the engine battery?

Obviously it is not on the starter cable but may be on the other loads.


Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
I didn't find one thank you
__________________
Prpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
No power

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
If it has been sitting a long time the battery is probably dead and most likely toast. Measure the voltage and then try using a shop charger to bring it up. Good luck.
I have a new battery in place thank you
__________________

__________________
Prpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battery, power



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery Tender - 2 Questions Calliedo02 MH-General Discussions & Problems 6 03-09-2015 07:51 AM
No Battery Power to Coach LairdT Toy Haulers Discussion 10 01-09-2015 07:47 AM
Battery Power jkjourney Class A Motorhome Discussions 1 09-08-2014 03:46 PM
Battery power question Ramsky Travel Trailer Discussion 9 06-05-2014 11:37 AM
Question About Chassis Battery Charging on Shore Power TandCplusRV RV Systems & Appliances 15 02-05-2014 11:57 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.