Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
No power to outlets

DW was using the hair dryer in the bathroom when the power went off to all of the outlets in the front half of the MH. She was plugged in to the GFI outlet so I tried to reset the switch with no luck. I thought that the outlet was bad so I replaced it with a new one and still no power to the outlets in the front half of the MH. The only plug in the front half of the MH that is working is the other GFI outlet by the sink. Can it be that I am not getting any power coming to the plug its self? And if so how do I check to see if I do have power coming to the plug. Can it be a bad transfer switch?
Need a little help with this one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Check the breakers. There are 2 that control that outlet. One is in your main
breaker panel and is labeled 'inverter' - 30 amps. The other is either a toggle
or push-to-reset breaker on your inverter itself. If either is off, no power to the
inverter supplied outlets.

(If the main is off, no power to any of them, if the one on the inverter is off, no power
to half the outlets.)
Old 12-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the great info that saved me some money on a service call. I now have power back. It was the reset on the inverter. Thanks again. This is a great site for quick and great info that can save you a lot of money and heart ache. Thanks again.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
You did not say if you bought your motor home new or used.
If you bought it new you should have and elect. plot Plan showing you where your wires go though out your Rig as well as all your pluming.
If not you might check with the manufacture to get a copy.
I don't understand why when someone sells their rig why they don't give the buyer the manual that they receive with the Rig when they bought it, new of course.
When I up graded to a newer M.H. I pass along a file container that included every piece of paper and folders on all the appliances and you name it I had it in the container.
I still have all the paper work to the 1997 Dolphin M.H. that I have now and I will continue to compile it until I get rid of it.
Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:40 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Whenever something happens that affects more than one receptacle, the first place to check is the breaker panel and/or GFI reset. It is possible for a problem with a receptacle to short the entire circuit, but is much more probably that something tripped the circuit.

It's also possible the circuit breaker is getting weak and tripped at a level below what it is rated at, but this again is far more remote than an overloaded circuit.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys for all the info. It needed to be reset at the inverter. I bought it used and I did get some of the manuals but not all the info that I would like to have had.

Tags
power