Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #1

Norcold N3150 refrigerator won't stay lit on LP

The motorhome is a new 2016 Itasca Navion with a Norcold N3150 refrigerator. It won't stay lit on LP for more than 20 minutes or so. Works fine on 120v AC and 12v DC. I'm taking it to the dealer next week, but thought I'd ask for any ideas here.

Thanks, Ken
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2015, 09:01 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you observed the flame when the gas is lit? In the lower outside vent hatch, remove the screw holding the burner box cover to see the flame. (cover will be HOT) Flame should dark blue interior and light blue surrounding the dark blue. It shouldn't flicker.
Very likely gas pressure is wrong or a dirty orifice. The flame should not be yellow, flicker, or touch the metal flue tube. Your dealer should repair or adjust to get proper flame.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice Bob. I might add that the propane stove works fine as well as the water heater on propane.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

Got it back from the dealer today. The igniter was slightly too far away from the burn tube, so they repositioned it. At least that's the report on the repair order. Perhaps this info might help someone with a similar problem.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:51 AM   #5

Good info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
Got it back from the dealer today. The igniter was slightly too far away from the burn tube, so they repositioned it. At least that's the report on the repair order. Perhaps this info might help someone with a similar problem.
We own a 27N Itasca Sunstar and have driven and are considering, purchasing a Navion 24G (wife hates corner beds!). Thanks for info! Have you had any other issues with unit! I test drove two and they ride well with tones of leg room. Important since I am 6'3''.

Good Luck!

Chuck K.
kayserc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayserc View Post
We own a 27N Itasca Sunstar and have driven and are considering, purchasing a Navion 24G (wife hates corner beds!). Thanks for info! Have you had any other issues with unit! I test drove two and they ride well with tones of leg room. Important since I am 6'3''.

Good Luck!

Chuck K.
The only other issues are the dash radio/infotainment center doesn't work on the left door speaker when playing the radio, works fine with CD or USB flash drive audio. Manufacturer said they'd never encountered this problem, but are sending a new unit to be installed. And the upper rear LED brake light only illuminates on half of the light. Also being replaced under warranty.

My wife and I also considered the 24G as we didn't think we wanted a corner bed, but after noting that the 24J has more outside and inside storage, we laid down on the corner bed and decided we could live with that. We've been on a few 3 and 4 days trips and it's fine for us. Although with your height the corner bed likely wouldn't work for you.

We previously had a 33' Newmar Bay Star class A, and while we enjoyed the roominess and the view out the front windshield, it was always a bit tiring on 5 to 6 hour drive. The Navion is very comfortable to drive, like driving a van and has lots of power, getting up to speed quickly and climbing hills with no problem. I've been getting about 16 mpg so far.

There are a few things to learn with the diesel engine concerning the proper engine oil (Mercedes is very particular about that) and the use of DEF (diesel exhaust fluid), but nothing really complicated and it's all covered in the manual.

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer.

Tags
norcold, refrigerator