Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #169

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by rigmover View Post
OK; I just got my first RV and will be fulltiming it....when it comes to TP do you use regular stuff or?
Don't waste your money buying RV TP. Most full-timers are using what feels comfortable for their derriere. I prefer Sams' Club label or the Costco label. They are either double or triple layered. Just remember to use lots of water unless you are boondocking. For those times, use a good chemical that will breakdown the waste into a liquid. For that I use liquid Rid-X.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #170
Monaco Owners Club
The only requirement Thom and I have for toliet paper is that it's "septic safe" not really cause of the holding tank that is the RV but cause of where it might be getting dumped. You never know where its going so we just make sure its ok with where ever that might be. As for which is not septic safe? Well there is only major brand that is not septic safe, every other TP that we have seen is so it's pretty much what ever feels good on our behinds.
Oh and rid-x or any other chemicals don't even go into our septic system at home. But then thats another debate on here.

Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #171
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by rigmover View Post
OK; I just got my first RV and will be fulltiming it....when it comes to TP do you use regular stuff or?
I bought my first motorhome in 1974. I have used nothing but standard toilet paper. I have never had a problem.
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #172

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
I bought my first motorhome in 1974. I have used nothing but standard toilet paper. I have never had a problem.
Totally agree, standard has always worked for us over all these years.
Kathy & George Zimm & 1 Sheltie, Lancelot
Mickleton, NJ
2006 Coachman Epic & 2013 Chevy Equinox Toad
George Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #173
Thanks for the info! Made it a little over 200 miles on my maiden voyage, so far so good!

Drill Rig Mover
rigmover is offline   Reply With Quote