Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Our coach is R HOME. It has a home style toilet (Dometic Magnum Opus) that is far better than most and we use it solely. CG toilets are used by campers. We are not campers, we are full-timers. I have seen hundreds of CG toilets and frankly, my tush will never touch any of them as they are absolutely disgusting. Others don't care about keeping them clean and the CG generally only cleans them once per day if that, UGH! Ours gets cleaned after every use. It doesn't get any better than that.

Our home doesn't smell and if it did, I would be all over it looking to find out why. The tanks are there to use and when maintained well, they will work forever.

To each their own, however, I think you are way off base on this one.

Only my opinion.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #30

First of all, my wife would NOT use the cg bathroom. I just read her the post and she laughed and said no way.
nalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #31

What a great thread to come back to; I have way too many issues and this is the reason we are still searching for another coach. No bed bug worries and the clean facilities are just a few feet south of us, we are not experts by any means but in the past we have never had odor issues associated with holding tanks. Maybe it was luck or maybe it was the manner in which we dumped the tanks; we waited until the black and gray were at least 3/4 full and always back flushed the black with the nice soapy gray slurry and we used a microbe treatment-all worked perfectly, including me while I was on the road.

Looking forward to being able to travel in civilization again----
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #32
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I never used campground facilities as I knew my MH's bathroom was clean and not used by unknowns.

Some time ago we had a member post that his wife would not permit the toilet in the MH to be used as she was appalled by the thought of waste being stored in the holding tank under the bed.

Another member posted that she should consider where the waste was stored before it went into the holding tank.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I never used campground facilities as I knew my MH's bathroom was clean and not used by unknowns.

Some time ago we had a member post that his wife would not permit the toilet in the MH to be used as she was appalled by the thought of waste being stored in the holding tank under the bed.

Another member posted that she should consider where the waste was stored before it went into the holding tank.
Hope she didn't commit suicide with that reply.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #34

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Hope she didn't commit suicide with that reply.
I am amazed by those that feel the need to wear a body condom soaked in Lysol when pulling the holding tank valves. Have they never played in the yard? In a farmers field?

Gracious goodness, what did they think that gooey, slimy stuff on their shoes and hands was, anyway?

Or did mommy and daddy protect them from all of life's wonders?

Perhaps that is why so many of our youngsters are sick all the time and have no germ resistance whatsoever.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, tue add fuel to the fire, I'm in the camp of the poster. We do #2 in the camp bathroom. DW has a medical condition that requires a stoma and yes it is not a pleasant smell. Rather than making her be the only to use the camp restroom, which would make me seem like a pig, I and the kids do as well. I use the excuse of easier cleaning when we leave and less issues.

Oh, and just for fun, I keep food wastes out of the tanks for the most part too. The sites we stay never have full hookups but typically have basins to dump waste water.

We've not boon docked yet; DW wants access to a shower and running water that campgrounds bring. Don't shower in the rig just due to no full hookups.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikf
own bed, own bathroom. that is one of the main reasons we bought an rv. I can undestand the smell in the B, but in the C turn exhaust fan on when done, but not untill after you flush or you will get a real surprise. dumping should not be unpleasant. I like to have full hook-ups so I can dump at my site because some people do make a mess at the dump stations. check this out.
Video was really thorough.... Does anyone else use RID-X? I just use the rv specific stuff.
rrawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I can just see it now. It's 34 degrees and pouring down rain and I'm going to tell my wife to go 50 yards outside in pitch black dark at 2 am to use the campground potty. I'll bet you won't even come to my funeral.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #38

That's if they can find you body parts.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #39

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
The only butt cheeks that touch the toilet seat in our fiver are those belonging to my wife and myself. That cannot be said for the campground bathrooms. Some that use campground bathrooms, like any other public facility, have lower sanitary standards than than I do. Ever had to clean the toilet seat before use become some mental defective didn't lift up the seat before he let fly with a stream of urine? I have, more times than I care to remember.

If I don't lift the seat in the fiver's bathroom, my wife knows right away who is to blame. Not that I would let fly without lifting the seat, as I have higher sanitary standards than some.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #40

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
That's if they can find you body parts.
Probably in the black tank.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #41

The only time I lift the seat is to clean the toilet.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know better than to even suggest to DW that she use the cg facilities instead of what we have.