Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
Wish we could just use the rugs like the dogs do..

You can, just let me know when you are going to sell your rig so I DON'T buy it!
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #58

Alpine Owners Club
My guess would be a cesspool with an inlet piped up to the RV parking area.

I've been pondering the same thing as the only spot I have for RV parking is way down hill from our septic tank and we have plenty of acreage.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #59

To be fair, DW has reminded me in the past that women also have a bit more of a hygiene issue to think about than men do with respect to public toilets, simply because of different physionommeez...physiono...bodies.
"Road Ranger" (Lenny!) RCMPolice Veteran #25XXX
"Geminimajic" (Gloria!)
2012 Open Range 386FLR 5'ver towed by (TBD)
Road Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like someone is confusing the CG shower with the CG crapper. We commonly use the CG shower, so as not to have to conserve out fresh water. The CG shower is usually cleaned daily and is ALWAYS bigger than the one in the coach.
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #61

So what if you just dumped at the CG and have to use the bathroom down the road. Just throw in come chemicals and motor on. It's not like it's going to rot the bottom out of you black tank or the tank Nazis are going to pull you over.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #62

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by navychaps View Post
Ok, I'll bite.....what is a depression era dump station?
During the great depression, people did not have the money to put in drain fields and septic tanks. Being self reliant Americans, they came up with a cheap homemade system. 55 gal drums were easy to come by. They sunk them into the ground filled around them with rocks and had a septic system. To build one at your home, get two or three of the blue plastic 55 gal drums. (you can use metal, but plastic will last forever.) Start at the top, drill 1/2 in. holes in the drums.(hundreds of them about 4 in. apart.) Drill the top two thirds of the drums. Leave the bottom third with no holes so that it holds liquid to decompose the waste. Dig a hole in the ground big enough to hold the drums and about three or four feet of gravel around them. Install a closet flange on top of the center drum. A closet flange is the fitting that a toilet fastens to at the floor of your house. Turn the closet flange upside down and fasten to the center top of the drum. buy a 10 ft length of drain pipe. (To fit the closet flange.) Glue the pipe into the closet flange. (about four feet long) cut a hole in both sides of the center barrel and 1 hole in the side of each of the side barrels. (near the top)Set the barrels into the hole. slide the drain pipe into the holes in the side of the barrels to interconnect them. install a small screw into the drain pipe at each side hole.(So they can't slide out when filling with gravel.)Fill the hole with gravel. Cover with dirt and plant grass. Cut the pipe off at ground level and install a clean out plug. I use several drums so that I can wash out my tanks without fear of filling up the drums. Also I can use the motorhome as a guest house if needed.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #63

I've been watching this thread for sometime wondering how to respond , lol.
As a 20+ year field service tech , o have to use public facility on a regular basis. There have been a few that I moved on because of being so nasty, there have been some that I had to decide between using or crapping myself. So, I'm not opposed to using most cg facility's .
We just purchased our first rv with a real bathroom. I may use it for #2, I might not, depends on my options. If the cg facility's are nearby & clean I'll probably use them. I'm a pretty big guy, our rv's bathroom is average size for a rv, but still pretty small for a big guy. It'll be nice to have the option.
It's not an issue for dw, cause she of course doesn't #2.
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #64

I understood all of that on the first reading.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #65

My bathroom/shower is small and there is a towel bar about a foot above the TP roll. It didn't take me long to figure out that it helps to get up and "other" things and I don't mean hanging a towel.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #66

Like I said I have more than my fair share of issues BUT some are caused by having the misfortune to have seen some things being done, like a person using one rag to clean the toilets, sinks and faucets and showers; believe me that will stick with you for a while THEN when a youngster my uncle took me to a famous ballpart to watch a game (I am older) and this place still used a trough urinal for the 'men', of course being small meant you got to to to the end, pitch wise, of the trough. Between the trough and some of the people in the 'mens' room this remains an experience that I have yet been able to unsee-it was terrible.

How I got through boot camp still amazes me.

Thank goodness for cell phones; I have seen incredible things done with pay phone handsets.
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
During the great depression, people did not have the money to put in drain fields and septic tanks. Being self reliant Americans, they came up with a cheap homemade system. 55 gal drums were easy to come by. They sunk them into the ground filled around them with rocks and had a septic system. To build one at your home, get two or three of the blue plastic 55 gal drums. (you can use metal, but plastic will last forever.) Start at the top, drill 1/2 in. holes in the drums.(hundreds of them about 4 in. apart.) Drill the top two thirds of the drums. Leave the bottom third with no holes so that it holds liquid to decompose the waste. Dig a hole in the ground big enough to hold the drums and about three or four feet of gravel around them. Install a closet flange on top of the center drum. A closet flange is the fitting that a toilet fastens to at the floor of your house. Turn the closet flange upside down and fasten to the center top of the drum. buy a 10 ft length of drain pipe. (To fit the closet flange.) Glue the pipe into the closet flange. (about four feet long) cut a hole in both sides of the center barrel and 1 hole in the side of each of the side barrels. (near the top)Set the barrels into the hole. slide the drain pipe into the holes in the side of the barrels to interconnect them. install a small screw into the drain pipe at each side hole.(So they can't slide out when filling with gravel.)Fill the hole with gravel. Cover with dirt and plant grass. Cut the pipe off at ground level and install a clean out plug. I use several drums so that I can wash out my tanks without fear of filling up the drums. Also I can use the motorhome as a guest house if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I understood all of that on the first reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rough road View Post
Like I said I have more than my fair share of issues BUT some are caused by having the misfortune to have seen some things being done, like a person using one rag to clean the toilets, sinks and faucets and showers; believe me that will stick with you for a while THEN when a youngster my uncle took me to a famous ballpart to watch a game (I am older) and this place still used a trough urinal for the 'men', of course being small meant you got to to to the end, pitch wise, of the trough. Between the trough and some of the people in the 'mens' room this remains an experience that I have yet been able to unsee-it was terrible.

How I got through boot camp still amazes me.

Thank goodness for cell phones; I have seen incredible things done with pay phone handsets.

Ga Traveler, I am NOW educated, thanks....

Dunner, I am AMAZED!!!!

Rough Road, yep and yep and yep....
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #68

That is what the bathroom is for, we use it for #1 and #2.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #69

I had to close one I. Really...

Old 12-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #70
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Don't feel blue
Use your loo
For #2

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote