Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2018, 02:16 AM   #15

Your going to have to take the carb off and clean it, or possibly replace it. With old gas in it turning to varnish you might never get it out.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #16

Bought several parts for my 4k Onan generator. Oil cut off switch was bad.
Have found a couple wires with wires exposed. NEED HELP on part location.
I removed points and all I ended up with in my hand was the point plunger rod.
Realized something has to be there as plunger rod is less than half the size of Port on engine and access hole on point base. Called my Cummings dealer and he said he does not show any other part. He said a new plunger rod might seat better. I am not a professional mechanic but I know I somehow let a seal or something get away. Have used air hose on engine hoping to force part out, no luck.
HOW TO HELP....My generator is a 1986 BGE model . If anyone has a part number for the guide or seal that holds that plunger rod stable, please let me know. I have searched and searched. Thanks, Jerry
travlinjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try this site: https://parts.cummins.com/?_ga=2.186...gsn-entry/main
Enter your serial number and parts specific to your generator will be available.

If that doesn't work, go to this site and ask them to send you a Service Manual! https://www.smokstak.com/forum/
Old 06-01-2018, 02:13 AM   #18

In the 4+ years I've owned mine (Micro4K) prior to filling the fuel tank for storage I dump in a big bottle (treats 80gls) of Sta-bil fuel stabilizer then fill the RV tank full 60 gallons. Then I fire up the generator and let it run ~ 30 mins or with a load.

Shut off. And store RV for ~7-8 months.

Pull RV out check everything over. Fire the generator up. Bingo we have lift off
udid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:21 AM   #19

Yep, Phaze Separation in corn juice fuel can start at 30 days. Once that occurs it an wreak havoc on carbs.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
One other thing. Lose the pressure washer. This is NOT a place where a pressure washer is welcome. That can push water around seals that hold out rainwater/road splash just fine, but won't hold out water at 2000+ PSI. You will get water in all sorts of places where you don't want it. And you will then get corrosion in those same places.

Tags
generator, onan