Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #1

Something went wrong with the dash controls for heat/AC....no matter where I set the control the only air comes through the defrost vents...assume it is a vacuum problem (diesel)...think it's an Evans 3 dial control system....the pump is located in the water system storage door and it is running ALL the time the ignition switch is on no matter if the heat/AC control is on or off.....bad pump????Whatta you guys think???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #2

Something went wrong with the dash controls for heat/AC....no matter where I set the control the only air comes through the defrost vents...assume it is a vacuum problem (diesel)...think it's an Evans 3 dial control system....the pump is located in the water system storage door and it is running ALL the time the ignition switch is on no matter if the heat/AC control is on or off.....bad pump????Whatta you guys think???

Old 04-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
seen this one before. the guys say defrost only air is the default when you loose vacume. if the pumps running i'd look for leaky hose or hose off somewhere. look first under dash behind controls n go from there.

WORKHORSE W-22
cannon man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Defrost is the default position when vacuum fails.With the pump running all the time I think you have a leak in one of the hoses or the vacuum reservoir. Put your finger on a hose that is coming directly out of the pump. You should be able to tell if you have vacuum at the pump.
Good luck
DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Acker1:
Defrost is the default position when vacuum fails.With the pump running all the time I think you have a leak in one of the hoses or the vacuum reservoir. Put your finger on a hose that is coming directly out of the pump. You should be able to tell if you have vacuum at the pump.
Good luck
where might I find the vacuum "reservoir"...could it be under the front cowl or under the dash??
DICK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I put a vacuum gauge on a hose that I took off one of the valves under the dash and wasn't registering vacuum. You could try doing the same thing and the pump. Just because it is running doesn't mean that it is working.

I'm pretty sure that there is no "reservoir". The pump feeds the tubing directly, at least on my Evans unit.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">where might I find the vacuum "reservoir"...could it be under the front cowl or under the dash?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Would depend on your make/model/yr MH. Mine is under the front cowl. It is usually near the pump.
DICK
Old 04-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #8

Based on last post perhaps I erred by not providing the info......2004 Coachmen Cross Country DP....still not sure there is a reservoir...the vac line comes from the pump in the water supply basement to something under the cowl that appears to be a regulator?? or something...has line in and line out to dash..unit is round and about 3" long....anyone????
Old 04-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
That sure sounds like the reservoir to me. No electric connections(?)and one hose in and out.
DICK
Old 05-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Acker1:
That sure sounds like the reservoir to me. No electric connections(?)and one hose in and out.
DICK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
STILL trying to figure this out...if I knew how to attach pic here that would help....anyway, this "regulator" has the vac line coming into the top of a rectangular piece with several allen type screws and then runs out the front through a round section with pos/neg wires attached that may be a "thermocouple" and then through the firewall to the dash controls (Evans Tempcon)....I removed the vac line where it entered the back of the "regulator" and it was under pressure rather than sucking like I would expect a vac line to do....any of this make sense or give other ideas as to the problem/solution??????? Forgot to mention that I removed the vac line where it starts at the pump to the "regulator" and had vac...when I placed finger over the outlet of the pump the pump stops running but as soon as I put the vac line back on the pump ran constantly.....