Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy y'all,
Joyce just opens the compartment doors and stands there.. a 73YO little old lady with white hair.. a GENTLEMAN ALWAYS APPEARS and 'shows' her how to do it!!! She thanks him profusely and gets back in the rig.. She thinks it's her looks, I think itz the wheelchair on the hitch mount !!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Many decades ago my mother gave me a bit of advice shortly before Bill and I were married;

"Be careful about which of your husband's chores you learn how to do; if you let him know you can change a tire or change a fuse, you can be sure you'll be changing those fuses til the day you die"

Dumping the tanks? Just never got the hang of it...

Allison

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie
Inside and outside duties have always been the rule for DW and myself. Once in Bend Oregon TTN Campground we had a mid-trip mishap with the Kountry Aire 5er that caused the RV Fridge door to jump up off the pivots and created quite an inside mess we had to attend to soon as we arrived in campground. This put me a bit behind and soon as the door was rehung and biggest part of mess cleaned we returned to our traditional duties...BUT as fate would have it she finished before me and decided to HELP ME OUT by doing some of MY TASKS ! She hit the slide switch for the kitchen slide but didnt know it had travel locks still locked in place. That 12v motor was quite the lil beast and it crunched the locks like rubber noodles and jammed one side into the hardwood kitchen cabinet gouging a rut big enough to choke a jeep. I heard the noise, her screams, rushed in to slay the savages that were attacking and when I saw the reason for the noise and screams I lost my mind and voiced my displeasure quite loudly...:(

After the third day most of my injuries were sufficiently healed and I was allowed to no longer sleep on the truck seat or eat scraps with the dogs. I can tell those that notice the gastly scars that they are "old war injuries" and kinda grimmace as just the thoughts make me still cringe... lol Besides that $1500.00 for cabinetry would just have been wasted on flyfishing gear anyhow ! But, I digress...

MY RULES FOR THE STINKY SLINKY OPERATION:

1. ALWAYS use a Rhino hose assembly.
2. Replace the Rhino annually, I use my birthday as an appropriate time so I
remember this.
3. SLOWLY open the dump valve, initially the grey to "prime the hose", then close it
and slowly open the black water followed by the grey, then activate the tank flush.
4. Wear latex gloves and store waterless hand cleaner in the flush station cabinet.
5. Love the genius that put the shower wand in the flush cabinet !!!

And just as another aside...ALWAYS think carefully before rendering a snap evaluation then shut the mouth and take it like a man... lol

I do not suffer from mental illness...rather I enjoy it daily !
Old 06-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #18

Guys- always- always check the tightness of the 3 inch clamp on the hose before you hook it up.
Don't ask how I know......
Old 06-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie View Post
3. SLOWLY open the dump valve, initially the grey to "prime the hose", then close it
and slowly open the black water followed by the grey, then activate the tank flush.
flush cabinet !!!
I like that one, I'll start using that one. Had my black tank experience way back in 1988, used RV, FROZEN black tank valve. First trip out, L.A. Ca to B.C., Canada.
First time I tried to dump was in B.C., no go.
Had to cut off the valve. First RV, first dump, ishy job. DW was somewhere hiding with the kids.(weak stomach) Once I got that new valve on all was good.
Now I install new dump valves as soon as I get home with my "new" to me MH's.
J
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie View Post

After the third day most of my injuries were sufficiently healed and I was allowed to no longer sleep on the truck seat or eat scraps with the dogs. I can tell those that notice the gastly scars that they are "old war injuries" and kinda grimmace as just the thoughts make me still cringe...
I think our spouses would get along really well.
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I can't imagine my DW dumping the tanks. Like many other posters, she does the inside and I do the outside. We both like it that way.

I had the hose pop off once when I was dumping the black tank and I had a heck of a time getting close enough to shut the valve off. Fortunately, that was when I had a 5th wheel with the valves under the coach instead of a compartment and I was dumping at the municipal sewer plant instead of a campground. It did lead to an unplanned shower and wardrobe change.
cliff841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Pulling the handle on the black tank causes more apprehension than pulling the handle on a slot machine........you never know what's going to happen.
Lets face it. It is a crap shoot!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wait! There's something horribly wrong with this thread!

Women accompanied by husbands are physically incapable of dumping holding tanks--aren't we?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahkeith View Post
Wait! There's something horribly wrong with this thread!

Women accompanied by husbands are physically incapable of dumping holding tanks--aren't we?
Absolutely! This is why God gave us eyelashes, to bat at our sweetie at tank dumping time...

Hey, just to be fair, I don't remember him up all night cleaning the poop off the bed and the kids when 3 of them got world class diarrhea at the same time, or cleaning the puke out of the carpet and the headliner in the station wagon when one daughter developed spontaneous projectile travel sickness on a trip to Yosemite, or the time a new puppy discovered the clean laundry...

You get the picture. As a general rule, wives have cleaned up MOST of the icky smelly messes throughout our marriages.

You guys can certainly handle pulling the handle on the black tank now that we're on the road, cantcha?

Allison

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
It's true. He never even wiped a baby bottom, let alone cleaning a litter box!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #26

I don't think my DW knows the difference between the Black and Gray tanks of even if they exist. But she will offer advise of what to do.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #27

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have to admit, we did make the agreement that I, the wife, would do the dumping - as a compromise for purchasing an RV. I don't mind. I am teaching the boys to help me. BUT>>> I can go camping without him, he can't go without me. His expertise is limited to long distance driving. Self-sufficiency is something to be proud of.
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
My lovely wife would not consider anything to do with the entire process. When we camp locally, she takes the car home before we pull out of the site. Therefore, she is gone before any dumping occurs.

Teachrz is offline   Reply With Quote