Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
charliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 907
Over thinking valve extenders?

Hello, I have 99 Damon Intruder, Ford chassis19.5 wheels, with wheel covers. I want to get extenders for all 6 wheels. I saw a post here once with a link to extenders and they had a picture of my type of wheels covers how I can't find it. Just want something that will work well with my covers. Any suggestions?

Thanks


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1588203879.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	450.9 KB
ID:	38270



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3697771532.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	38271
__________________

__________________
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
macnut's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
Hello, I have 99 Damon Intruder, Ford chassis19.5 wheels, with wheel covers. I want to get extenders for all 6 wheels. I saw a post here once with a link to extenders and they had a picture of my type of wheels covers how I can't find it. Just want something that will work well with my covers. Any suggestions?

Thanks
charliej, I just added solid valve stems to all six wheels and it is so much easier to check and adjust air pressure now. I got a set for the four rear wheels from duallyvalve.com and added two front stems to the order. Here's a chart they provide so you get the right set. http://yourtireshopsupply.com/download?pID=272&fID=1268
Note that on my iTasca, the installer had to bend the long stem so it worked right. It says right on the installation manual that it is ok to do that, but they called The company to make sure. They got through right away and Bill confirmed that it is ok to do that and also that he stands 100% behind any product he sells. They have worked great and I'm very to have put them all six wheels.
__________________

__________________
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
JacknKay's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 594
I should have bought from them as well I took the rig to a tire shop and asked if they could add longer stems and they said they could. On the back they did, but they are brass and they had to bend them which was ok, but one side is bent smoothly and looks ok, but the other side, (maybe the first one they did) looks like they put it in a vise and bent it. I guess you have to see it to know what I'm trying to describe. That said they are longer and now I can attach and remove the pressure monitors, but I still have to remove the covers to fill the air. (It's the special wrenches used for the pressure monitors.)
Jack
__________________
Jack & Kay
2015 Allegro 32CA Ford Chassis
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
macnut's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 1,130
Sorry to hear that, JacknKay. BigO tires in Dublin, CA installed mine...wasn't cheap, but they did a fantastic job.
__________________
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mcdonough, Ga.
Posts: 4,383
I have extenders on my Pace. I do not like them. We had many customers that installed them and had leaks. I never had a customer that installed the long stems and had a leak. I would go with the long stems. Make sure you get the ones that go through the hubcap and can be serviced without removing the hubcaps.
__________________
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
32 years mechanic at Delta Air Lines 15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
charliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post

charliej, I just added solid valve stems to all six wheels and it is so much easier to check and adjust air pressure now. I got a set for the four rear wheels from duallyvalve.com and added two front stems to the order. Here's a chart they provide so you get the right set. http://yourtireshopsupply.com/download?pID=272&fID=1268
Note that on my iTasca, the installer had to bend the long stem so it worked right. It says right on the installation manual that it is ok to do that, but they called The company to make sure. They got through right away and Bill confirmed that it is ok to do that and also that he stands 100% behind any product he sells. They have worked great and I'm very to have put them all six wheels.
Thanks, I'll check them out. I was a little concerned about extensions leaking.

Charlie
__________________
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
macnut's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 1,130
Note that I did not get extensions, but replacement valves made from brass. Each wheel had to be taken off to replace the existing stem with these. The benefit is that I have no worries about leaking or breaks and it is much easier to check and adjust tire pressure.
__________________
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
charliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Note that I did not get extensions, but replacement valves made from brass. Each wheel had to be taken off to replace the existing stem with these. The benefit is that I have no worries about leaking or breaks and it is much easier to check and adjust tire pressure.
Understand thanks
__________________

__________________
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.