Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #15

Bill, I just finished putting in a 26" LG lcd where I once had a 19" stock tv. I cut back the cabinet opening to the left by about 2" and built out on the right side just about 1". My height was the same. I opening allowed the LCD to slip into the hole about 2" thus leaving 2" extended beyond the old opening. This didn't cause any head problems and I'm 6"4". I used an articulating arm by frming a center support about half way back into the cabinet. I didn't matter how far back as it would extend 17". I had to modify from a four hole mount to a six to fit the back of the new TV. Just made a new plate with six holes and drilled four holes to mount to the plate the arm came with. Couldn't weld it since it was sast iron. All worked out fine. The on the sides I was able to maintain the vynal wrapping and with some added padding and tight stapling it came out looking to my satisfaction. I secured the tv with velcro on the corners, but decided to go to Menards and got some black strapping they bundle peelets with and ran a piece across the top of the TV. I screwed this into the inside of the cabinet on the right side and bent it around the contours of the TV to the drivers side and then put a face screw in it. Only the driver sees that part of it. You can't hardly see that it's on the top face of the TV. Be sure the brace in the middle is soundly put into place by using a 2x4 or double up one-by oak as I did. Good luck

03 VW Beetle TDI
Tony Van Helden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bill, here are the photos of my cabinet modifications. The photo showing the TREK with the OLD STYLE TV is a TYPICAL TREK TV installation and NOT my Trek. All the rest of the photos are my Trek:

Typical Trek TV installation

Inside of my TV cabinet before mods

Photo showing how low cabinet hung down

Close up shot of wiring before cabinet modifications

Finished Mods showing Black Bracket attached to "ROLL CAGE" & articulating arm attached to Black Bracket

TV in "HOME or TRAVEL" position

Another shot of TV in "HOME or TRAVEL" position

TV tilted toward Front Slide-out Couch

TV tilted toward Co-Pilot Seat

Photo showing TV with Kitchen Slide-out in full in position

Hope these photos help you, If you have any questions just let me know, Glenn.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #17

Hi Glen -
Thanks for the photos. It looks like you did a nice clean modicfication. I've decided to tackle the job myself and so far its going pretty well.I cmpletely removed the "box" that held the 27" TV and have refitted the the bottom padded section flush to the opening. I'll take some photos and post them when its finished.