Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #99

In reading these responses.. wow. First off most old ppl I know are in bed at 2am .. if you are not and are looking out your windows every 10 min to see if someone parked outside your residence... yes you are paranoid .. totally!!

Then to all the loose cannons that would come to an RV door and pound in it at 2am armed with a phone... you would be surprised when I opened my door with my weapon in your face wondering why you would be pounding on the door at 2 am in the morning.. I have parked in a business area next to some housing a couple times.. arrived late and left early .. all was well.. if you feel you need to be Barney fife and a cowboy at 2 am obviously you have had to much coffee and time on your hands and you fit right in with the HOA crowd and a bunch of busy bodies. Wow.. unreal some of these responses.. guess you would rather a guy keep driving and fall asleep and get hurt or worse because you think you own the city streets..

It wouldn’t bother me one but if my neighbor had family or friend stay out front of my house as long as they didn’t crowd the street and block anything.. guess it is true we get grumpier as we age.. I would probably ask if they need a power cord for the coach as I was out their peeking through his window at 4 am.. pfffft.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #100

Our California POA does own the streets. Smallest lots are five acres. County says streets have to allow non resident traffic. You wouldn't believe the things people do. I've actually seen this done in front of our property. Cameras caught it. We let the dogs out about an hour later and after a few minutes of barking the rig left. We couldn't id it but it was high end. May have been trying to find a resident.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:52 PM   #101

This idea reminds me of the homeless problems in California. Why would someone park in a residential neighborhood to camp overnight? Soon enough we will be banned from everywhere! Sneak in quietly? Not in my neighborhood. Nor would I return the favor by camping in your front yard.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:45 AM   #102

A lot of comments center around paranoia and looking out the windows in your own neighborhood, oh the horror, it's called neighborhood watch and it's been around for a very long time. You might even see a sign to that effect. I would never consider doing something like this, but that is my choice.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:19 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Foster View Post
Has anybody tried showing up on a quiet suburban street in a fairly affluent neighborhood late at night and park in front of someone's house, then leaving early in the morning just as you would at a Walmart?

It seems to me that if you have a fairly new and good looking RV that the neighbors would just assume you were the guests of one of their neighbors. They might not even notice you were there.

Comments?
Well don’t do that in my neighborhood. We have a valve stem thief and you’ll wake up in the morning with all your valve stems on your step!😲........😂
Old 11-08-2019, 05:31 AM   #104

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Run View Post
This idea reminds me of the homeless problems in California. Why would someone park in a residential neighborhood to camp overnight? Soon enough we will be banned from everywhere! Sneak in quietly? Not in my neighborhood. Nor would I return the favor by camping in your front yard.
The OP answered your question in post #15. If I'm reading your thread (and signature) correctly, Under no circumstances is anyone homeless, or needing a few hours sleep going to get your permission to do this in front of your house? Fair enough.
#notahost
Old 11-08-2019, 06:10 AM   #105

Generally when traveling those type of neighborhoods are not near the freeway. Why drive that far to find one. Really!
Old 11-08-2019, 06:49 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc4texas View Post
Generally when traveling those type of neighborhoods are not near the freeway. Why drive that far to find one. Really!
What makes you think everybody travels solely on "freeways"? And I can think of hundreds of such developments not more than a quarter mile from an interstate exchange.

But if I was using an interstate in the first place, I would use a truck stop or a rest area. Didn't you even bother to even read my posts before responding?
Old 11-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5511 View Post
Well don’t do that in my neighborhood. We have a valve stem thief and you’ll wake up in the morning with all your valve stems on your step!😲........😂
So you would engage in malicious vandalism merely because someone was using a public resource which you don't own?
Old 11-08-2019, 07:05 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Foster View Post
So you would engage in malicious vandalism merely because someone was using a public resource which you don't own?

So you pay county, city or village taxes to build and maintain that road? They do, so yes they do own a part of that road.

Just why? It's not like it's the only choice. There are plenty of other options.

For those keep saying no overnight parking has to be posted, no it doesn't. Ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse to break the law.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #109

Say What?

Simply reverse the suggestion. How about an RV plop in front of your house? Really! Nice enough that WalMart allows in most locations. Regards. Ed
Old 11-08-2019, 07:24 AM   #110

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Other alternative

Funny I haven't seen this idea - which I have used when in a jam...
Find a hospital , mid to small town.. Park in the first public roadside near the hospital. Arrive late, leave early.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
So you pay county, city or village taxes to build and maintain that road? They do, so yes they do own a part of that road.

Just why? It's not like it's the only choice. There are plenty of other options.

For those keep saying no overnight parking has to be posted, no it doesn't. Ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse to break the law.
My city ,and I assume many others doesn't allow overnight parking of RVs on the street. You can't even leave your own RV on your property during the day time, unless it meets certain " reasonably shielded from view " requirements. Even if you meet those requirements you are not allowed to stay in the RV over night. There are no signs stating any of this.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #112

Just curious. I have always wondered what would happen if you pulled into a motel and asked if you could park out of the way in the parking lot. Perhaps even offer to pay for the privilege of parking and explain that you are self contained? Has this ever worked for anyone? Wonder if it would be illegal to "tip" the night manager to park in their lot?
Closed Thread

Tags
boondocking