Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #1

Pace Arrow Door Hinges

I have a 94 Fleetwood Pace Arrow on the GM chassis. I'm looking for the coach door/screen hinges. Any ideas? I've called everywhere that I can think of and am coming up empty handed.
It looks like this, but right hand
http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/car...home_door.aspx#

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Have you contacted teh door manufacturer?

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
Have you contacted teh door manufacturer?
Who's the door manufacture?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For the most part, Philips Co. in Indiana made all the Fleetwood Door hinges @ that time period. Look on you lower hinge and see if there is a group of number's stamped on it. It should be on one of the hinge's, at least mine was on the lower. I gave that # to Philips and they sent me one. That's been probably 2 to 3 years ago. Good Luck, PS, NOTICE PHILIPS HAS ONLY (1) L
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by justimagination View Post
For the most part, Philips Co. in Indiana made all the Fleetwood Door hinges @ that time period. Look on you lower hinge and see if there is a group of number's stamped on it. It should be on one of the hinge's, at least mine was on the lower. I gave that # to Philips and they sent me one. That's been probably 2 to 3 years ago. Good Luck, PS, NOTICE PHILIPS HAS ONLY (1) L
David G.
Is this them?

Philips Products

3221 Magnum Dr.
PO Box 2327
Elkhart, IN 46516
View in Google Maps
Phone: (574) 296-0000
Fax: (574) 296-0147

I can't get anywhere over the phone and their website is password protected. No operator, engineering dept has been closed, etc. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Found these guys:
http://www.terryhinge.com/default.html
I wonder if I sent them a hinge if they could just duplicate it? Winter comes and I would be able to do that while the coach is parked. Then they would also have time to work it over as I woudln't be in a hurry...

DOH! Maybe this is why I can't get a hold of anyone there:
http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/46744937.html

Outside the door of an Elkhart company, reads the quote, "If you want to do something good, go somewhere else. If you want to do something great, walk through these doors."
Well, the doors at Philips Products will soon be closing after more than 40-years of business.
While company officials won't say anything, several employees tell us they were told the plant is shutting down.
Philips makes doors and windows -- mostly for RV's -- and has several locations around the country, including one in Elkhart and one in Bristol.
"It's just kind of hard to really explain. I mean, right now it's just, kinda lost, but it's really hard to say. Right now the only thing I'm gonna do is take it one day at a time. But like I said, it's really hard to say," explains employee Rene Lopez of the apparent closing.
Again, this is information from several employees.
The company has not officially confirmed the news.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
wayne, from what I remember, this is the Co. I guess they are falling by the wayside like so many others have that are connected to the RV industry, such a shame. Good luck.
David G.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I would think that someone with expendable cash could buy up some of these companie's inventory and make a good profit in the near future as the industry is making a come back. Many folks are keeping their units instead of buying newer ones and will need these replacment parts.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I got a replacement hinge for a 96 Southwind (identical hinge) from Fleetwood, but that was several years ago now. I ordered it through Sullivan RV in Decatur, IN, who is located right near the Fleetwood pparts warehouse. They are helpful folks and its worth a try. You can email them the picture of the hinge - that's what I did.

Sullivan RV Sales and Service
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #9

I'm still coming up empty handed and really need these.

It is indeed a Philip's hinge. Here's a picture of what they look like if anyone might know where to pick some up?

Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phillips door hinge.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1738  
Old 11-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try Walt's RV Surplus in Rialto Ca. They carry surplus Fleetwood parts new and used.
909-823-0563.

Mike
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wayne, not knowing what happened to your hinge, I can only make suggestions. I used JB WELD(2 part expoxy) to fix one of my hinges that broke in the fold of the hinge. The reason it broke, was from the pin "FREEZING UP" from non lubricating, from previous owner. If you take the hinge apart, just use another hinge for proper installation, it can be confusing. Good luck,
David G.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
Try Walt's RV Surplus in Rialto Ca. They carry surplus Fleetwood parts new and used.
909-823-0563.

Mike
Thanks Mike! I'll try them again later today... I just called hoping to leave a message in the after hours box, but it just rang and rang after I selected that option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justimagination View Post
Wayne, not knowing what happened to your hinge, I can only make suggestions. I used JB WELD(2 part expoxy) to fix one of my hinges that broke in the fold of the hinge. The reason it broke, was from the pin "FREEZING UP" from non lubricating, from previous owner. If you take the hinge apart, just use another hinge for proper installation, it can be confusing. Good luck,
David G.
My hinges are just worn, causing the door to sag and making it difficult to close it. And sometimes when you think it is closed, it will flop open. I've really gotten into the habit of locking it (dead bolt) before moving! lol
Old 11-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
909-823-0563.

Mike
The number is different than on their website, but I couldn't get anyone on either number. I sent them an email last night with a picture of the hinge and had someone call this morning with the hinges!!! $45 and shipping for 3 of them, but I'm more than happy to pay that at this point!!! At first they only had 2, so I figured I'd at least get them and replace the top and bottom hinge but then they called back later and said they found the third!

So, coming out of CA I should have them by the weekend. I'll pop back in and update if they work out or not.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #14

hinges

If your screen door has the name "Philips ind." on it , they are out of business,, this is only after market place,, Fleetwood RV Door Hinges