Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #1

Pacific Pride Fuel Stations

We heading to Bend OR and noticed that Pilot/FJ and othr stations we are used to seeing are few and far between. My Truck&Travel App shows lots of Pacific Pride fuel stops. Are all of the PP card lock stations or are some like a Loves or TA?
I don't like stopping at a CG with less than a 3/4 tank of fuel so trying to plan ahead. There is an independent in Madras and will use that if nothing closer to Bend.

Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2015, 10:12 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pretty sure it's Cardlock only:
Pacific Pride Commercial Fueling - Cardlock Fuel Network - USA and Canada

Had a PacificPride card in the 90's and found it was not a good deal unless you purchased large amounts of fuel...price was linked to quantity sold vs. a fix retail price.

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:35 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
It all depends on who owns a particular franchise. I've been able to use a regular credit card at some Pacific Pride and CFN fuel stops. They generally do not advertise that option though.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:38 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We used to have an account with them. The distributor we went through required us to buy 200 gallons a month and it was a commercial account. Found that we could buy fuel easier and cheaper by going to the regular dealers
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:47 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had one! I never knew the fuel cost till I got the bill. They opened another station in town, I quit using PP.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:03 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
You can open an account with Pioneer Fuel Pacific Pride Commercial Fueling Network and use any Pacific Pride location without any monthly or yearly minimum purchase requirement. They don't post their prices at the pumps since the locations are unmanned, however you can call in to find out the price for any given location.

They are usually a bit higher than regular stations in the surrounding area, but we find them very convenient particularly when we travel the Oregon coast during the summer months. The regular stations can have waiting lines out into the street, and we can just pull up to a Pacific Pride pump with no waiting.

My time is worth more than the few cents per gallon additional I might be paying.
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
You can open an account with Pioneer Fuel Pacific Pride Commercial Fueling Network and use any Pacific Pride location without any monthly or yearly minimum purchase requirement. They don't post their prices at the pumps since the locations are unmanned, however you can call in to find out the price for any given location.

They are usually a bit higher than regular stations in the surrounding area, but we find them very convenient particularly when we travel the Oregon coast during the summer months. The regular stations can have waiting lines out into the street, and we can just pull up to a Pacific Pride pump with no waiting.

My time is worth more than the few cents per gallon additional I might be paying.
Bob, it's good to hear that Pioneer Fuel is still around as they welcome RV accounts from anywhere in the country even though they are based in Tumwater in the Olympia area of Washington state. I used to use their station on the same property where their office is located but they had two other stations in the area too (one was across from the Olympia airport and the other near Tacoma) ...but obviously, you can use any Pacific Pride nationwide even if your account is associated with Pioneer.

At that time, they would email a list of fuel prices every week of all the Pacific Pride stations on the west coast. I think it was Alicia (that name sticks in my mind, at any rate) who would send it to any RVer who requested to be put on the list. She told me, as you mentioned, that if the location was not on the list to feel free to call her and she would look up the prices at the requested location and give it to me over the phone. Such great service ...and as you mentioned, no minimums required so they are very RV accommodating.

I used them in 2007 and 2008 but haven't used my account since for as others have said, fuel is usually priced a bit higher than other places. Plus, with fuel rebate credit cards like the one at PenFed, it just made sense not to use PP. I can understand your argument about convenience, however. I may reactivate my account at some point.

I've attached the application I have in my files but I'm sure it can also be found on their website somewhere (ETA: yes, it's still on their website ...click here for the direct link to their "motorhome page."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pioneer Fuel Application.pdf (349.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 08-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I remember the days of the email price list. That was a nice feature, and you're right, it was Alicia that put it out. I had an emergency situation when travelling through Oklahoma, and the card worked just fine.

I try to use my PenFed card whenever possible also, but with so many RVs on the road these days, I'm just not willing to wait in line very long. I also have the PFJ RV Plus card to use at the truck pumps, and get a .07 per gallon discount and never have to go inside.

At least we all have choices as to what works best for us.
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Alicia was the one that put out the list. You can now call and CJ will give you the prices you need.
50% of the time Pacific Pride is either equal or less than the truck stops. I use them when I can
Old 08-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Because I have a pacific pride fueling station around the corner from home it's nice, as I can top off the tank leaving or returning. Just this week I was having trouble with the card working and I found out that they had issued new cards and because I don't use mine during the winter months that my name had not generated a new card. I was informed my new card would be useable at many more places such as fuelman, and speedway plus alot more places. They did change policy and now when using at places other than pacific a charge of $0.45 will be charged regardless of amount of fuel purchased. So it should make travel easier. At least I'm hopefull it's better.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:49 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Many truck stops out here in the West have some Pacific Pride and/or CFN cardlock pumps there along with their normal cash or credit card readers. You need more than one source of info to see this sometimes.

Tags
fuel