Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #1

Paint Matching

I am trying to get a paint match for my 06 HR Admiral and not having any luck. I got the paint code for my unit but when i take it to a local BASF paint shop they say they can't mix the color and certainly would not be able to mix it in a spray bomb and that is what i would prefer as i am painting my gas cover. I tried having the paint "shot" so they could match it that way and the color was not close.

any ideas?
howes1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #2

Try here:

Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch.com

I bought some for my HR here. It was a good match. Called Monaco and got the color codes from them.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
If your HR is like other Monaco products, it was shot with Sherwin Williams paint. I tried to match mine, but the colors were no longer in use by Sherwin Williams.

See if you have the color you need in the exterior refer door. If so, remove the refer door and take it to a paint shop and have them match it with their color matching machine.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Any paint shop should be able to match that color by cross matching the code from Sherwin williams to there's. It is a formular of mixing tints and metallics to get the color. Don't know how old your coach is but if is not to old they should be able to match it very close. How as far as appling in you will need to find some how or someone to spray it for you.
ajm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #5

paint

go to a NAPA store. They have a computer that they can take out to your coach and shoot it to get exact match. Problem with using codes from your coach is that you can get color when it was new but not the color it is now because of sun. When you are there, go to the paint section. there you will find a white box with a small jar and a airisole screw in canister that screws into the jar. When NAMPA mixes up your paint they will give you a mixing chart. Usually 1 part paint, 1 part hardner, 1 part reducer. They have small measuring cups also along with the hardner and reducer you will need. When you have the surface prepared to shoot just measure out equal parts of items and pour into the glass jar. Screw on the top and spray away. Done it several times. Sherwin Williams auto paint stores can make up spray cans of coded paints but will not make up ones of special paint. good luck
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #6

thank you for all the help, i took the advice and think i found a good match.

thanks again
howes1387 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint